Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest allydent
does anyone know whether orange have got round to offering the M500 on upgrades / retentions yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They haven't, but today I was told by upgrades that they do intend to sometime within the month, and retentions just said they can't at the moment.

Guest ClintEastman
They haven't, but today I was told by upgrades that they do intend to sometime within the month, and retentions just said they can't at the moment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know i don't think they have to stock to extent the M500 to exsisting customers, this might change in the future (as long as new customers/dealers/corp don't have them all).

Edited by ClintEastman

Dade - you mentioned about showing this thread to one of your Orange "contacts" - have you done so - and if you have, what was their reaction to the comments being made here?

Also, are they someone who could possibly influence things for the future?

does anyone know whether orange have got round to offering the M500 on upgrades / retentions yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't bother waiting for the orange web site to catch up. I just walked into my local orange shop today and got my new M500 no problem. £99 on my contract might be a bit steep compared to t-mobile, but it's still not the £400 you would need for imate jam etc. Lovely phone!

Guest NikLP
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/handset...rade/orange/all

By that in guessing no.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that's just the kind of farcical high comedy of errors I have come to expect now.

"Coming Soon! - No, wait! Buy now!!! Oh no wait, we dropped it..."

Before I started on this thread I really thought it was me being unlucky with all this, but it turns out (proverbially speaking) that "the vicar's coming for tea". Bah!

Guest ClintEastman
Well that's just the kind of farcical high comedy of errors I have come to expect now.

"Coming Soon! - No, wait! Buy now!!! Oh no wait, we dropped it..."

Before I started on this thread I really thought it was me being unlucky with all this, but it turns out (proverbially speaking) that "the vicar's coming for tea". Bah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hahaha Orange eh!!!

That is the Upgrades page though, and as far as i know it's never been on there.

And can i just say how VERY helfull www.mobileshop.co.uk are and what a great service!! (CS are just full of up to date info and couldn't be more helpfull). :)

Edited by ClintEastman

Guest Photon
Well I have my official M500 on order. My account manager processed the order no probs and they are showing in stock!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well aint you the lucky one. To everyone else they are trying to claim it shouldnt be on the website, and refusing to sell them one. I actually saw a piece that said they were quoted as 'unaware' that thrid party vendors were in fact selling them.

Certainly you cant upgrade to one, and I have been told that will likely stay the same for another month or two. (that was when the bloke on upgrades had even heard of the phone)

Tbh orange's incompetance is getting scary. This whole fiasco has really shown them up imho.

Guest Jim81

Hello all, ive just joined! :)

Ive been following this thread for a few days now. Well, it seems Orange have sorted themselves out. Well in respect to the M500's status anyway.. :roll:

Mine will be here wednesday! Yay! :D FREE upgrade! Double Yay!! :shock:

Got free txt bundle, not restricted to any tariff and I get to keep my £4 a month unlimited internet bundle..

Edited by Jim81

Guest h3adl0ng

@ Jim81,

Just to clarify, when you say upgrade, was that a normal upgrade - ie from an existing Orange phone / account (before or after 12 contract) to the M500.

If so, would you mind explaining where / how you got it... :)

Much appreciated!

h3adl0ng

Guest Jim81

No, I had phoned upgades many times, and got the same gibberish as most of you guys.

I went ballistic on the phone, got my pac code, told them a formal complaint in writing will be on its way, blah blah. Im just out of my 12 months.

I got a phone call (from retentions I assume) earlier offering me the phone free, free sms bundle and i get to keep my gprs bundle.

Apparently the M500 is on the system now, as an upgrade.

Guest Photon

Well I just rang up about an dupgrade, and yes, they do have them on the system now, however, predictably they have no stock.

So, I asked the guy for a quote, and he gave me one - full price i.e. 99quid.

When I commented this was rather expensive, he just sais at full list prices its 250. I pointed out that other networks had the phone for half the price, and he actually said 'well its not the same phone though is it?'. When I pointed out that bar the badge its exactly the same phone, he put the phone down on me.

Currently on hold to the Orange 'Thinking of leaving' line.

Guest Flash
....When I pointed out that bar the badge its exactly the same phone, he put the phone down on me.

Currently on hold to the Orange 'Thinking of leaving' line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Put the phone down on you!?! That's a disgrace - I'd be writing a very strong formal complaint by now.

Guest Jim81

Hmm, I think you need to ring the Orange "Screw you morons, I want my pac code right now, whats your name and department please, can I speak to your manager, a complaint in writing is on its way..." line... :evil: :evil: :evil:

@dwj, Was that on upgrade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. Upgrade on talk 120 contract. The shop told me their stock had just arrived this morning.

Guest Photon

The Geezer didnt care, and just wanted to process a disconnection for me.

When asked who I could complain to, he said I would have to speak to upgrades about that. When asked if customer services would deal with my complaint, he said no. He kept stressing he was only trained to do disconnections, and nothing else. Neither was his manager.

Anyone got a clue how one complains to Orange, as I cant find anything about it, and have currently had it up to here with them.

Edited by Photon

Guest pug205
Yes. Upgrade on talk 120 contract. The shop told me their stock had just arrived this morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which shop was that ? My local one in Swindon don't know when its due to arrive if ever ?

Guest Palindrome
Apparently the M500 is on the system now, as an upgrade.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't seem to find it under "all upgrade phones and devices". Could you post a link?

Which shop was that ? My local one in Swindon don't know when its due to arrive if ever ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cardiff orange shop. I was surprised too!

Guest Russell@home

Just called OCS, still not available!!!

I was told that they are available to upgrade online as apparently her last caller had told her. Which one of you was it??? :) suggested I call orange online.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.