Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Russell@home
Well its finally official it is now available in stock for upgrade to all the stock came in this afternoon apparently.....

But min is here tommorow!!!! Finally.... will claim costing back via complaint as they will not waiver it. but i want more than just 49.99 back. i want compensation on top.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you saying that you only paid £49.99 for the phone, I was told that £99.99 was the absolute cheapest.

Guest RazorD
Hello All! Have been following this thread for a while now but this is my first post. Thought I would share my experience with my M500 order...

Having weighed up all the options (and observed some of the appauling customer service many of you have experienced at the hands of Orange), I decided to order an M500 over the Orange website last Friday.

Recieved confirmation on Saturday and so was quite a happy chappy. Delivery arrived today at lunchtime and I tore open the delivery packaging to discover....

A Motorola V500!  :x  A few phone calls to Orange, firstly to returns who paradoxically claimed this wasn't for them to deal with but customer services, and then two to customer service (first one got cut off mid-sentence.. grr!) and have arranged to send it back and have it replaced.

I was given this explaination - Apparently this is a bug in the website and everyone who orders the M500 is getting the V500. So they have to redo the entire order through the website store system and they can't do this until the bug is fixed. Asked if they could perhaps dispatch a M500 to me now as I would return the V500 immediately and was told that it was unavailable to the phone line staff - wtf? Given an estimate of a couple of days to get this sorted, but I'm not so convinced.  :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that was also invoiced for the Motorola @ £99.99 even though this phone should be free - so goodness knows how someone managed to make this mistake! (even if it was a computer bug.)

Has anyone else been delivered a V500 by mistake? It looks like it isn't just existing customers that are getting mistreated by Orange!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for making my day :lol:.

Oh, and Welcome to MoDaCo :)

Edit: That sounded mean to anyone effected :D I was laughing at Orange's Superbness, rather than you :D

Edited by RazorD

Guest digger
Hello All! Have been following this thread for a while now but this is my first post. Thought I would share my experience with my M500 order...

Having weighed up all the options (and observed some of the appauling customer service many of you have experienced at the hands of Orange), I decided to order an M500 over the Orange website last Friday.

Recieved confirmation on Saturday and so was quite a happy chappy. Delivery arrived today at lunchtime and I tore open the delivery packaging to discover....

A Motorola V500!  :x  A few phone calls to Orange, firstly to returns who paradoxically claimed this wasn't for them to deal with but customer services, and then two to customer service (first one got cut off mid-sentence.. grr!) and have arranged to send it back and have it replaced.

I was given this explaination - Apparently this is a bug in the website and everyone who orders the M500 is getting the V500. So they have to redo the entire order through the website store system and they can't do this until the bug is fixed. Asked if they could perhaps dispatch a M500 to me now as I would return the V500 immediately and was told that it was unavailable to the phone line staff - wtf? Given an estimate of a couple of days to get this sorted, but I'm not so convinced.  :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention that was also invoiced for the Motorola @ £99.99 even though this phone should be free - so goodness knows how someone managed to make this mistake! (even if it was a computer bug.)

Has anyone else been delivered a V500 by mistake? It looks like it isn't just existing customers that are getting mistreated by Orange!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had exactly the same thing last year when I ordered my C500, this was over the phone though.

Makes you wonder why we put ourselves through all of this ](*,)

Guest Behold
Are you saying that you only paid £49.99 for the phone, I was told that £99.99 was the absolute cheapest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup Im on a 55 quid a month tariff (orange premier 600) and it was 49.99 you should be able to upgrade phone and tarriff to bring cost down you then are locked to a tariff above 50 quid for 3 months. (50 quid must be line rental only not message bundles and stuff not counted.)

Altho the guy that ordered it for me said at first it was not out yet and wont be for a while.... he felt stupid!!!!!

Guest tuggster
Thanks for making my day :lol:.

Oh, and Welcome to MoDaCo :)

Edit: That sounded mean to anyone effected :D I was laughing at Orange's Superbness, rather than you :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol - no offense taken! I suppose at least if it made someone laugh it isn't an entirely negative experience! :lol:

On a seperate note to those who own a M500 (or i-mate jam, etc.), how good is the speakerphone - could you use it in the car or is the speaker/mic too quiet? Cheers!

Guest I. C. Monsters
Yup Im on a 55 quid a month tariff (orange premier 600) and it was 49.99 you should be able to upgrade phone and tarriff to bring cost down you then are locked to a tariff above 50 quid for 3 months. (50 quid must be line rental only not message bundles and stuff not counted.)

Altho the guy that ordered it for me said at first it was not out yet and wont be for a while.... he felt stupid!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I pay about £30 a month and I am getting the M500 for nothing. I did this through retentions at Orange. Take a look over the past few pages and you shall see.

Guest allydent

I was given this explaination - Apparently this is a bug in the website and everyone who orders the M500 is getting the V500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope this happens to me, I'll have grounds to complain and get back the £99.99! :)

Guest Behold
I pay about £30 a month and I am getting the M500 for nothing. I did this through retentions at Orange. Take a look over the past few pages and you shall see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a complaint in and hope to get more than the phone refunded. waiting to see....

Guest Davey Mc

can anyone let us know what wired gps receivers are compatable witth this phone(if any) mine hasnt came yet but should be tomorrow. I just want to get me gps receiver bought. Will it use the same gps wired receivers as the M2000. i would prefer a wired receiver so i can charge it in the car while gps is on otherwise if none are compatable will have to get a bluetooth reciever.

Guest MitchellO
lol - no offense taken! I suppose at least if it made someone laugh it isn't an entirely negative experience!  :)

On a seperate note to those who own a M500 (or i-mate jam, etc.), how good is the speakerphone - could you use it in the car or is the speaker/mic too quiet? Cheers!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The speakerphone is ok, but not great. It would probably work in the car with the windows up and radio turned right down.

The speakerphone is ok, but not great. It would probably work in the car with the windows up and radio turned right down.

I personally think the speakerphone on the M500 is excellent, about 10 times better than the M1000/M2000. Very clear and quite a good range.

Guest I. C. Monsters
Anyone know who delivers orange phones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RazorD, are you expecting a delivery today also? I'm just hoping that the reception here accepts the package. Thay can be a bit awkward sometimes. Fingers crossed...

I too would like to know who Orange use as couriers.

Guest RazorD
RazorD, are you expecting a delivery today also? I'm just hoping that the reception here accepts the package. Thay can be a bit awkward sometimes. Fingers crossed...

I too would like to know who Orange use as couriers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am indeed :D

Citylink are bringing my SDIO Wifi card and 1gb SD card - he normally comes around lunchtime (and he knows me on first name terms :) shows how much stuff i order!)

And the phone will be here too :D Trying to think what kinda time they delivered dad's when he ordered (2 x C500 for business) a few months back.

-Raz

Edited by RazorD

Guest I. C. Monsters
I am indeed :D

Citylink are bringing my SDIO Wifi card and 1gb SD card - he normally comes around lunchtime (and he knows me on first name terms :) shows how much stuff i order!)

And the phone will be here too :D Trying to think what kinda time they delivered dad's when he ordered (2 x C500 for business) a few months back.

-Raz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any time now would be good. I'm getting impatient. :?:

My SD wifi cad should be here on Friday. I'm still looking for a good price on a 1GB SD card. Any recommendations?

Guest RazorD

You're telling me :( I'm sat here refreshing this windows every couple of minutes and every noise outside making me jump to the window :P

How sad :D

Guest RazorD
Any time now would be good. I'm getting impatient.  :?:

My SD wifi cad should be here on Friday. I'm still looking for a good price on a 1GB SD card. Any recommendations?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the Kingston one from Ebuyer, £41 ish :) got the SDIO card from there, too.

Guest Russell@home

I have given up with Orange.

They obviously don't want my business so I have just called retentions & told them that I was going to leave & take my business to T-Mobile.

Didn't even offer anything, just texted me my PAC.

Good bye Orange, thanks for the past 10 years!

Guest RazorD
I have given up with Orange.

They obviously don't want my business so I have just called retentions & told them that I was going to leave & take my business to T-Mobile.

Didn't even offer anything, just texted me my PAC.

Good bye Orange, thanks for the past 10 years!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you were just unlucky :) If you'd of had another guy, the chances are you'd of been offered what you wanted :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.