Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest commonpersonjustlykeverybody
Yeah, keeping a device like this (one that their competitors offer) in the business section would be dumb.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i fink, think they are dumb enough to release this device one year later from other carriers in uk. hey mr. orange there is no more competition, your m500 is dead anyway. :) or are they trying to find out first if this is going to hit the market, before they can do this device on mass production. think of any other way, you got competition with other carriers sellin smartphones and ppc phones now. tmobile is doing great as of now, and vodafone is moving in that direction too. imagine that vodafon is the leading network carrier in UK(they must be not the leading carrier on selling smartphones but lots of people are with vodafone). think about that mr orange. :D

Guest confused and hungover

Dade, this may sound like a really dumb question, but how do you seitch it off/re start it? my manual is in dutch which is not my best language... the power button on the side only puts it into sleep mode. can you actually re start it/shut it down?

Guest argh
Dade,  this may sound like a really dumb question, but how do you seitch it off/re start it? my manual is in dutch which is not my best language... the power button on the side only puts it into sleep mode. can you actually re start it/shut it down?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You don't usually shut down a PocketPC, because all the stored data is lost if you do.

Guest MitchellO

You can't completely turn it off unless you remove the battery and let the backup run dry.

You turn the phone off by tapping the singal icon in the taskbar and turning flightmode on, if thats what you mean.

Normally, you will just press the power button on the side. That will turn the PDA off, and the phone will stay on. Also, if you have MSN connected or email autochecking via GPRS, it will do so, even though the PDA appears off.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I gave up with O upgrades after trying them a few times so I could try different operators, :evil:

They refused to put me through to a team leader and insist there is not

"other system" to look at.

I gave up after that and said not to worry I'll try Tmobile instead. :) #-o :roll: #-o

You can't completely turn it off unless you remove the battery and let the backup run dry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so removing the battery won't reset the phone unless the back up runs out, is that right? so i can switch sim cards without messing the phone up... but you can't shut the phone down properly before removing the battery?

Guest Dade
I gave up with O upgrades after trying them a few times so I could try different operators,  :evil:

I gave up after that and said not to worry I'll try Tmobile instead.  :)  #-o  :roll:  #-o

Ash, tell them to look at the Orange Business Solutions section on Merlin, that should kick them into touch!

Guest Dade
I gave up with O upgrades after trying them a few times so I could try different operators,  :evil:

I gave up after that and said not to worry I'll try Tmobile instead.  :)  #-o  :roll:  #-o

Ash, tell them to look at the Orange Business Solutions section on Merlin, that should kick them into touch!

Guest scott2eyes
so, there is no point in getting one of those m500?

Surely if you want a PDA but don't want to pay a three figure sum for it, and you're on an Orange contact, there's no point in looking at anything else!

Guest MitchellO
so removing the battery won't reset the phone unless the back up runs out, is that right? so i can switch sim cards without messing the phone up... but you can't shut the phone down properly before removing the battery?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. I swap SIMs frequently, as I have one for Calls/SMS and one for GPRS, and its easy. Don't need to turn the phone off or anything, just take the battery cover off, pop the battery out, swap the sims and put the battery back in. It will boot up just like you left off (well, you need to save anything you are doing before taking the battery cover off).

I store my extra sim under the battery covere (between the battery and the cover).

I've just spoken with OSPS. Apparantly they have more stock of the m500 coming in this afternoon

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They just told me "it's on its way in the next week or so"

- Do you have a definite date?

"yes"

- When?

"within the next week, 2 weeks at most"

- So is there a definite date please?

"err..." - & phoneline goes dead. Hilarious.

Hmmm... I placed my order with OSPS on Friday. On the website, it offered 4 months free line rental - but in the e-mail confirmation that I received from them, it stated 3 months 1/2 price line rental. Something got screwed up somewhere there.

Have since e-mailed them and asked them to ensure that the offer is corrected and have also asked for details on when the phone will be dispatched to me.

Still waiting for a reply...

Guest shakey68
Hmmm... I placed my order with OSPS on Friday.  On the website, it offered 4 months free line rental - but in the e-mail confirmation that I received from them, it stated 3 months 1/2 price line rental.  Something got screwed up somewhere there.

Have since e-mailed them and asked them to ensure that the offer is corrected and have also asked for details on when the phone will be dispatched to me.

Still waiting for a reply...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you sure you didn;t click the other offer which included the bluetooth headset, as that was 3month half price rental as opposed to four months rental and no headset

Guest davem

Just spoke to OSPS, and the guy was refreshingly honest when he said to me that 'We have no clue when to expect the handset, it's supposed to be this week, but til they turn up we don't know'

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok tried again and still no luck,

I told them where to look and they then took my details and then said it's not available yet, so I told them where to look again and they still said it's not available.

Ok so one last chance I asked have they actually looked? they replied no but as I was not a business customer the phone was not available to me.

Just my luck I've been talking to the lazy\usless crew today.

Normally OCS are the most helpful people I have spoken to and have never had a problem. This upgrade side is another matter though.

Yes. I swap SIMs frequently, as I have one for Calls/SMS and one for GPRS, and its easy. Don't need to turn the phone off or anything, just take the battery cover off, pop the battery out, swap the sims and put the battery back in. It will boot up just like you left off

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

doesn't sound good just yanking the battery out...? what does the soft reset actually do? does it remove all programs or is it just like re starting?

Guest Vector
doesn't sound good just yanking the battery out...? what does the soft reset actually do? does it remove all programs or is it just like re starting?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Soft reset is the same as turning eg. a C500 off and on again :)

Guest Dade
Just my luck I've been talking to the lazy\usless crew today.

Normally OCS are the most helpful people I have spoken to and have never had a problem.

You must be one of the lucky few, I've had nothing but problems with OCS. Im lucky enough to have an Orange account manager that deals with 99% of my problems.

are you sure you didn;t click the other offer which included the bluetooth headset, as that was 3month half price rental as opposed to four months rental and no headset

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

100% sure - I was on this page and I clicked "Buy Phone" from there...

EDIT: Also, my order states:

INSTMTI INSURANCE AND TMTI 1 1 0 £0.00 £0.00

M500 CPW ORA SPV M500 Orange Handset 1 1 0 £0.00 £0.00

Free gift 3 months half price rental(from network)

No mention of the BT headset in it... :s

Edited by Hax

Soft reset is the same as turning eg. a C500 off and on again :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think i killed it, i pressed the soft reset, now when restarting it says"error, unregistereClass()" then does nothing...

Guest Dade
i think i killed it, i pressed the soft reset, now when restarting it says"error, unregistereClass()" then does nothing...

Sound like you may have to perform a HARD RESET. Hold down the power button when you press the reset button to do that.

Be warned that a hard reset will return the M500 to its virgin state!

Sound like you may have to perform a HARD RESET. Hold down the power button when you press the reset button to do that.

Be warned that a hard reset will return the M500 to its virgin state!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't think theres anything else i can do :cry: :cry:

hard reset worked.... 3 days of installed programs lost :):(

Edited by confused and hungover

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.