My themes

Guest simon211175

Guest turpentine

nice themes, like the pirate one.

When I isntall the theme though and I swith between them the images don't change, just the layout.

Edited by turpentine

Guest simon211175

switch between what? I tend to use the same filename for the main image, so if you mean you have one of my themes and you use a different one from the settings menu, then you will need to copy the main.jpg file from the relevant homescreen folder on your phone to the \home folder using file manager, then reboot.

Guest turpentine

yeah I figured it out, i thought uninstalling the old theme would fix it but it made the phone ubootable and I had to do a hard reboot.

:-/

can oyu make and osx theme?

no comments on my latest theme :D Guess I'll have to try harder next time

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Simon, yours are the best themes around by far,love the half size heavenly havoc :) but I can't find it anywhere, has it not been released yet? Also I tried the berries one you did but when I went back to another theme the berries are still there in all the other menu screens (I have tried the back to original cab file in another thread) what am I doing wrong? thanks, J

Guest rizzles
Hi Simon, yours are the best themes around by far,love the half size heavenly havoc :) but I can't find it anywhere, has it not been released yet? Also I tried the berries one you did but when I went back to another theme the berries are still there in all the other menu screens (I have tried the back to original cab file in another thread) what am I doing wrong? thanks, J

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have to go into the settings and uninstall the theme from there, then change the homescreen to the one you want..

Guest simon211175

the system screens will only change when you reboot your phone. The main screen I tend to use the same filename in the /home folder (main.jpg) so if you change theme to a different one of mine, you will need to copy the main.jpg file from the new theme folder.

The heavenly havoc theme is not available. I have mentioned why earlier in this thread, but perhaps you would like the pint sized pirate one instead, as it uses art from the same artist.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm back. A bit rusty, but I'm back. Anyone care?

scoobypreviewsh6ea.png

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woohoo! Another great theme :) hmm I must get a request in for a favourite before you stop...

Guest simon211175

in a few days you can find it by clicking on my signature graphic. There's a few recent ones I still need to upload, this being one of them. Bear with me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eieioNY

Total newbie to smartphones here...just got my first: SP5 with a fancy screen with something like 200x340 resolution (approx).

i really like Simon's screens with an analog clock! i'm hoping for a theme/screen with an analog clock, yet most of the background is sufficiently light so the dark print will show clearly. even very plain themes/backgrounds is fine with me, or maybe slightly animated ones? or does that take up a lot of processor speed and memory?

sometimes, crispy very light sky blue/baby blue or somewhat bright orange are both great for making black print clear!! that'd be great

i have not yet learned how to download these themes, a bit worried that i'd mess things up.

i'm hoping for themes that will optimize for my I-Mate SP5 phone...any chance, gentlemen? thx in advance.

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks!

PS: i even have trouble getting the ringtones downloading to work...i searched and Simon started a 70-page thread with ringtones, but i tried around 5 of them, some of them were Simon's zip files, and they didn't work, they were empty or winzip can't open them. then i tried someone else's, very recent addition, around page 68 or 69, and that didn't work either, i think it was called Lyla.wav or something like that...what did i do wrong? after i downloaded it, it said that it had 0 bytes in the file!!

confused.

Guest rizzles
Total newbie to smartphones here...just got my first:  SP5 with a fancy screen with something like 200x340 resolution (approx).

i really like Simon's screens with an analog clock!  i'm hoping for a theme/screen with an analog clock, yet most of the background is sufficiently light so the dark print will show clearly.  even very plain themes/backgrounds is fine with me, or maybe slightly animated ones?  or does that take up a lot of processor speed and memory?

sometimes, crispy very light sky blue/baby blue or somewhat bright orange are both great for making black print clear!!    that'd be great

i have not yet learned how to download these themes, a bit worried that i'd mess things up.

i'm hoping for themes that will optimize for my I-Mate SP5 phone...any chance, gentlemen?  thx in advance.

any advice would be most appreciated.

thanks!

PS:  i even have trouble getting the ringtones downloading to work...i searched and Simon started a 70-page thread with ringtones, but i tried around 5 of them, some of them were Simon's zip files, and they didn't work, they were empty or winzip can't open them.  then i tried someone else's, very recent addition, around page 68 or 69, and that didn't work either, i think it was called Lyla.wav or something like that...what did i do wrong?    after i downloaded it, it said that it had 0 bytes in the file!!

confused.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mate.. if your looking for homescreens for your sp5 then try looking here: http://www.modaco.com/Smartphone_Customisa...ssion-f135.html

This one looks really nice on the higher resolution screens:

http://www.modaco.com/Mac_c550-t230649.html

As for the ringtones if you put a .wav or .mp3 into a folder on your storage card called my documents then it should be in the sounds bit in the settings for selection.

Ive just downloaded this file stmtxt.wav from the first post on page 69 and it worked fine!

Hope this helps

Ryan

Guest samicharmed

It's true, I agree with eieioNY.

I've recently bought a new spv c550 for 129, and now you can get one for 99.

Your themes are the best, whan I had my spv c500, I used the supernathuiral rhapsody and it was the best. I'd love to see this one, ore evil ore pint-sized pirate on my spv c550, but I can't. Now there are much people who'll buy a qvga mobile phone befone a normal phone. So I animate you to make your themes in qvga format. And if you think it's too much work for you, I can help you in everything you need. I don't have much idea about design, but yes on xml and plugins and so... if you want you could do the apropiate size for a qvga screen, and I could translate your skin into one on qvga.

I only want to contribute to spread qvga themes!!

Please!!!!