Compal RedE

Guest Monolithix

Guest CodeSmith

I am using the redE SC1100 (i think that the model) that comes in the Microsoft Dev Kit here in the US....system info program states it is indeed clocked at 132 MHz.

Guest donhoeshoe

I have the SC1100. I can not find where it would tell me what the clock speed is, under sttting - about it lists an ARM SA100 as processor.

I previously had a Sendo Smartphone and it seems to be considerably faster than that.

Guest jwdberlin

I have the Compal for one week now. At MDC in Paris I compared it to SPV. The compal seems to be faster in updating menus.

It has no LED for radio status and lacks an I/O connector (for peripherals or car kits). Everything else seems to be quite nice.

I'm looking for a key combination to reset the phone. At MDC there was a sequence in a hands on lab described to do that on SPC - it does not work on my Compal.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm sure we can live without a random LED :lol: How does the battery life hold up? Is it still a Samsuing jobbie?

Guest jwdberlin

A LED showing the state of operator connection is something very useful - you would not always look at the screen for that, especially in the dark. What do you mean with Samsung?

The Compal is kind of a MS reference design. Other observations on the device: The USB is used for charging; cable is standard mini USB like on some cameras - very useful. Voice activated commands as described in the manual are not included with my firmware version.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The LED depends on how you use your phone....no matter.

The SPV has a Samsung battery, which apparently are known to have low battery life.

I was aware of it being a reference design and "proper" USB sounds great, hopefully its functionality can be extended to other devices (eg hook it upto a digicam and send on a stored pic as an MMS).

I've not heard of voice commands being supported on and SmartPhone 2002 device, which would indicate that its a delay/problem on the MS end(?)...

Thanks for the replies though :lol:

• 7 months later...
Guest nevrbeenmastrd

i own one loaded with WM2K3 software, and it is pretty slow, but maybe that's because i am trying to multitask whilst playing music.

anyone encounter problems trying to boot up the 1100? i just had one today where it would start up, then automatically shutdown after the "mobile operator" logo. i know my battery's not dead cos it charged the night before.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toddsmart

Just got my dev kit yesterday. I noticed that the phone was very touchy from the start...sometimes requiring a battery toggle in order to boot.

Now, I can only boot it without the power plugged in. Then...it only boots to the 2002 splash screen, beeps twice, and goes to the RedE splash again (and then repeats this sequence over and over).

The most odd thing is that I can't get the 'powersource connected' message anymore. If the phone is shutdown and the battery is toggled, the 'faint' RedE splash shows, but no message indicating power is being received.

Any one else? Much appreciated for any advise...I'm headed back to the emulators for now...

--

Regards,

Todd Smart

[email protected]

Guest toddsmart

...problem is...I can't use any of the reset key sequences to get it to flash. Like I mentioned earlier, I can't get the 'external power' message to display anymore...even if the phone is unplugged, battery toggled, and the plugged back in. The only thing I see is a faint RedE splash screen.

Is there a way to perform a hard reset w/o using the reset key combination when seeing the 'external power' message?

Thanks!

--

Regards,

Todd Smart

[email protected]