M2000 Question

Guest Porkspeare

Guest xda-rocks

yes, you can swap roms virtually as you please, but then you only get the settings for that operators rom and will have to set things up manually.

Guest Porkspeare

Cheers, but i have just been told by a friend that some ROM's are device specific. Now he aint the sharpest when it comes to these things, so what I need to know is this true?

I'm looking to put the Orange ROM on the XDA IIs and an O2 ROM on the M2000.

I know it would be easier to just swap PPC's but he wants silver and i do prefer the sleek black look.

Guest Pondrew

The operator released updates won't install on a different device unaided. You'll either get a country code error or a 'not intended for this device' error.

You'll need to do some reading to get round that. There's a thread here at Modaco about different Blue Angel rom versions that'll help but far far more info can be found at XDA-Developers.com

Make sure you understand what could go wrong and how to recover before you go ahead...

EDIT: oh, and with regard your friend saying roms are device specific, he's both right and wrong in that any Blue Angel rom will run on any Blue Angel with effort. Still, each version has different features, some hardware based. An example is the Siemens Blue Angel (SX66) that doesn't even have a camera!

Edited by Pondrew