Qtek S100 with Arkon CM850 GPS Mount

Guest Kenny-Craig

Guest Kenny-Craig

I have the Qtek S100 with ROM update 1.12 and the Arkon CM850 PDA car mount with integrated GPS.

You need to connect the PDA to the GPS with a 'serial' cable and I have tried a USB (GPS end) to mini USB (S100 end) with absolutely no success. The S100 does not see the GPS at all with any software including Copilot, Pocket Streets or an NMEA location test programme. In the GPS documentation it says the GPS works on COM1, I have made sure this is configured correctly and I have also tried all the other ports just for the hell of it.

I did call Expansys before hand, and afterwards and they maintain that this mount works with the I-mate Jam and the Qtek S100 but I have my wondering head on now and I have this idea in my mind that this isn't going to work because the S100 does not support the correct serial comms profile which is a simillar reason as to why you cant plug a USB drive in to the S100.

Is there somethig obvious I need to configure or is this doomed to fail, I have reset the device and done the usual uninstall/re-install of the software.

ANy thoughts on this would be appreciated.