MSN Messenger or Agile?

Guest VJ27

I have an mda compact and found that it had msn messenger on it. I want to use it but i am scared of using too much gprs on it (if you know what i mean) i dont want it to build up my bill at the end of the month. How can i avoid using lots of data transfer and will agile messenger be better in this. it didnt use much on my nokia 6600 so i dont know how it will fair up on this. please help, thanks in advance

VJ

Guest spidermunky

As far as I'm able to tell, Agile Messenger is a fair bit better in terms of GPRS usage. I ca have a pretty big conversation with someone for less than ten pence (on Orange) so I'm happy. :)

Greg

Guest spidermunky
I use MSN Messenger and its cheap too. Tried Agile Messenger but it kinda annoyed me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what you mean. Some really simplpe things can't be done on it, like copying text from conversations. I wish they'd sort out a new version for PPC because the nokia series 60 version is much better. It also can't have multiple people in a convesation as far as I can tell and doesn't work in landscape mode properly. It does seem to be a bit more gprs efficient though.

Greg

Guest MitchellO

Yeah, the series 60 was a good one (used it on my old NGage), but the builtin MSN does it for me ATM. The only thing that I really want is emoticons. If MS do that, either via a patch or in the new WM2005 (a device with it I'm sure I will have as soon as i can!).

At least it does copying, landscape and stays connected when I turn the PDA off (an alerts to new msgs, and contacts coming online).

Guest bill door

Whichever one you use, it will be a hell of a lot cheaper than conducting the same conversation via text message, thats for sure.