Two SD devices on MDA Compact

Guest Kermit75

Guest Kermit75

I'm trying to find if it is possible to have a SD memory card in the slot for the MDA Compact/i-mate Jam, and a seperate Wifi card?

Either connected via bluetooth, or the mini-usb connection.

I need the memory on all the time, but don't need the Wifi active always - so just plug in the Wifi to surf/access network, don't mind cables everywhere!

I've seen the Sandisk 256MB and Wifi, but need more storage and don't want to break the Wifi card.

So options are to connect a Wifi device via the mini-usb, if even possible - either with some sort of usb holder, or a USB Wifi dongle.

Or some sort of Wifi device which is connected via bluetooth.

Perhaps I'm only dreaming that it is possible! Should have got a PDA with Wifi built-in really - but didn't think I would need it at the time!

Guest spidermunky

I'm afraid your best bet really is the wifi SD 256mb card. There isn't any other solutions, around as far as I know, that would allow you to access a wifi card and an sd card separately. Your only hope is that sandisk might release a higher capacity wifi/memory card.

Sorry mate,

Greg

Guest MitchellO
Your only hope is that sandisk might release a higher capacity wifi/memory card.

And one that sticks out less!

I doubt very much there will be any type of miniusb WiFi. The Magician doesn't have host capability.

WiFi via BT would just be sooooo slow.

I just swap out my 1Gb SD for my Sandisk SD WiFi (no mem), and it doesn't bother me. I use wifi only occasionally, so it isn't a concern.

Guest Kermit75

that is what i figured, but i have managed to get connected to the net via activesync and now entering this from my phone with bt to my pc which is a room away, and then wifi to adsl, which will do for now.

May look for a wifi + memory from someone else, with a reduced height exposed - can wait as bt seems fine.

And one that sticks out less!

I doubt very much there will be any type of miniusb WiFi. The Magician doesn't have host capability.

WiFi via BT would just be sooooo slow.

I just swap out my 1Gb SD for my Sandisk SD WiFi (no mem), and it doesn't bother me. I use wifi only occasionally, so it isn't a concern.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you change your mind mate im selling my 256+ wifi.

£65 delivered.