What is the best way of converting dvds?

Guest mmbecks7

Guest mmbecks7

Hi

I was wondering what is the best way to convert dvd videos into a format i can play them on my jam. Would they be compressed? I read sometime ago that u could put a whole dvd movie on a 256mb card...I can't seem to find that post :roll: there was also a mention of a program that did this at one go and not through various conversions... Would it work for pocket pc?...I would appreciate an advice as I desperetaly want to put my favourite movie (Rocky) :) on my phone!! hehe

cheers!

Guest Madeye

I'm not a fan of shelling out money for things that can be achieved free of charge, but if you want ease of use and guaranteed results try Mobile Media Maker.

Personally I would try the free way. Oh I did! It worked great too! :)

Guest MitchellO

Thats for Smartphone, not Pocket PC Phone Edition (or any other PPC). You need DVD-to-PPC. I found it sucked though. That and PocketDVD. Both their results were very dissappointing, particularly for their cost. DVD-to-PPC made big files for poor video.

This method is free, and works better.

Guest mmbecks7

WOW!! This is unreal! Thanks a lot James for the great link! Thanks to the others that replied as well! Very much appreciated! Just put the whole movie on a 256MB card using dvdshrink and pocketdivx. The quality is great! You guys are geniuses!! hehe very happy now! No more boring times on the bus!! :) Thanks a lot guys!! Will probably do the whole rocky series! hehehe