MPx 220 v1.43 vs Audiovox 5600

Guest loki666

Guest loki666

I've been reading how everyone who has gotten the Audiovox 5600 really loves it and how much better it is than the MPx 220. I have not really read any reviews on how improved the 220 is after the update.

My questions to you is:

Even after the update and the fixes on the 220, should one just replace the phone with the 5600?

Curious..... :??:

Guest smeg36

It is really a matter of personal preference. As you can see from my sig., I have a MPx220 with the 1.43 ROM, as well as a i-mate SP3i, which is very similar to a SMT5600. I have also owned a SMT5600. Also, as you can see, the SP3i is my main device, not the MPx220. The 220 is much better with the 1.43 ROM, but still doesn't come close to the SMT5600. There are still a few things missing from the MPx220 that prevent it from being my main device.

Guest smeg36

BT voicedial, which I use most when making calls. Also, connecting my X50v through bluetooth requires that I manually enter a dial sting every time. I have the dial string in a Note, so I just have to copy/paste it, but it is still really annoying. And it is slightly less stable than I have gotten used to. With the Typhoon/Feeler series, I have gotten used to never having to power cycle to phone. The MPx220 still requires that at least once a day. Either it freezes up, or the external screen freezes up, or something else will happen.

Guest stephenp1983

I just got my 5600 replacement about an hour ago, and so far I am really impressed. I really liked the mx220 and for awhile I didnt have any major problems, but that passed after ab out a month. Right now I can list things that are better from just messing around with it for a few minutes. I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR ON IT :), it doesnt lock up or turn offf (alteast not yet :D ) Camera is MUCH better. I had an old sanyo 8200 from when I was with sprint that had a better camera that the mx220. The only feature that I will miss even though I didnt use to often is the voice command. I loved being able to tell my phone to open up solitare :D Anyway even though I haven't had the phone long I can already tell a number of improvements over the mx220

Guest EvlG3nius

From what i can tell about the ROM update... my BT headset works a little more fluidly. In the past it was an seriously difficult to get it to connect at certain times ( like during a call ). The sound quality is DEFINATELY better. PLUS they added BTserial connection, though i haven't got it to work yet. So i'm still checking out the new ROM but this is what stands out the most...

EvlG3ius!

Guest loki666
I just got my 5600 replacement about an hour ago....The only feature that I will miss even though I didnt use to often is the voice command.  I loved being able to tell my phone to open up solitare :) 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I was reading the maunal online and it said it had voice activated application software. Check it out.

I just ordered my 5600. It was what I wanted all along but it was ATT and I was not about to get into the merger BS...so 220 it was...now it's 5600 time....I guess it was just ment to be!

:D

Guest smeg36

Yep, you can set voice tags of any program you want, then launch them with a voice tag. To do this, go to the program you want to set the voice tag to, like Solitaire. Then select the right soft key (Menu), and choose Add Voice Tag. You will then be prompted to say the tag you want. After you successfully create the voice tag, you can launch the program by holding down the down volume button until it give you the voice tag prompt. Then you say the tag you create, and it launches the program. You can also create voice tags for your contacts phone numbers and email address. And unlike the MPx220, it works over a BT headset.