SPB GPRS Monitor

Guest VJ27

I got SPB GPRS Monitor on my cd from T Mobile when i got my mda compact, I think it is ace but whenever i go onto the bbc wap site, and then i get out of it, it shows i have used 100kb. It doesnt seem like i have used that much for a simple page so i went on an even simpler wap page on it and when i cancelled my gprs connection by pressing the red button (phone put down key) it shows the same thing. i have bought a 3meg gprs package and i didnt realise it would go that quick. is this data totally correct or is it a rough idea. thanks in advance for any answers i get.

Cheers

VJ

Guest koksie
I got SPB GPRS Monitor on my cd from T Mobile when i got my mda compact, I think it is ace but whenever i go onto the bbc wap site, and then i get out of it, it shows i have used 100kb. It doesnt seem like i have used that much for a simple page so i went on an even simpler wap page on it and when i cancelled my gprs connection by pressing the red button (phone put down key) it shows the same thing. i have bought a 3meg gprs package and i didnt realise it would go that quick. is this data totally correct or is it a rough idea. thanks in advance for any answers i get.

Cheers

VJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I experienced this as well, and I also found a probable reason for it. When you fill in your account information in the options menu ( how many MB's you have for free with your subscription, how many $ per extra MB etc) you can also specify how your provider rounds its data. T-Mobile Netherlands rounds the kb's used daily to a 100 KB. That is, if I use only 1 KB each day, it will be counted as 100kb. If I use 99 kb it will also be counted as 100 kb, 101 kb is counted as 200 kb. So maybe your rounding info in the tariff plan options is set to a 100 kb rounding? You better check with your provider how data traffic is rounded and fill in the correct amount in the options. If it is 100 kb, like it is here, you better use it so you get to enjoy GPRS at least without paying for 100 kb when all you used was 20 or so. I don't know if the GPRS monitor displays real used kb's or just how much it will cost you based on the rounding...I suspect it is done on the rounding, since that will show you what it will cost you instead of what you really used, since what you really used can be a lot less than what you pay for, with these rounding rules.

Guest MitchellO

I have never used just 20kb on GPRS EVER! At least 150kb. I set all my settings manually, so that would explain why mine works fine.

Guest MitchellO

I have never used just 20kb on GPRS EVER! At least 150kb. I set all my settings manually, so that would explain why mine works fine.

Guest En_croute

Wehen you run the report, you'll see double counting.

It's a fault - I've reorted it to TMobile and SPB - nothing yet.

Tmobile can let you view data usage online - so you can check.

Also, use the PDA version of the BBC sites - less data intensive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/pda