Opera releases

Guest Jakob

Guest tsutton

Update from Opera:

Dear all

We are very sorry that some of you are having troubles running Opera.

This is of course of very high priority here. We are doing all we can to fix this as soon as possible. Based on the message the Samsung user received:

"Access denied. The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

we think that the problem with c500 may be the same problem. The certificate we are using *is* a trusted certificate, approved by Microsoft, but it may look like some phones are having problems recognizing this certificate as a trusted one.

We are now contacting the certificate issuer to see if they can help us providing us a new cerfiticate which will work on all phones. Then we can resign the build.

We will keep you informed folks, please be patient and we promise you to fix everything asap.

And thanks to all of you for your valuable feedback. It's highly appreciated!

Best,

Anne-Hilde

Guest drblow
In this case the good Dr. is wrong.  Opera for Desktops is $39 USD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shock: Surely there is a free version? I had it a while back.

Guest tsutton
:shock: Surely there is a free version? I had it a while back.

It was free during beta.

Now it's out as final release, you'll have to fork out money for it.

Guest Pagemakers

Just re-downloaded and re-installed Opera (in case they have updated the program).

Still no good on my C500.

Incidentally, somebody on the Opera forums has just hard reset his phone and it still won't work on a clean phone.

Guest teknohippy
Just re-downloaded and re-installed Opera (in case they have updated the program).

Still no good on my C500.

Incidentally, somebody on the Opera forums has just hard reset his phone and it still won't work on a clean phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was I.

Just done some more testing.

Phone initially was unlocked OTA. I decided to lock it and it won't run giving the quoted error message above.

Uninstalled.

Still locked.

Reinstalled and it won't even reinstall becuase of the security certificate. Refuses to even go on.

Damn thing.

I'm giving up till we get more from Opera on what the solution is.

Guest davidhorn

Not that I want to go off-topic from this thread, but Paul, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEAASSE block the Crazy Frog ads. I'm really tolerant, and don't usually mind any ads other than pop-ups, but I had my speakers turned up loud to listen to something recorded at a really low level, and everyone in the office heard it. They're looking at me like I'm a complete pillock.

Cheers!

Guest simon211175

that's funny :) stupid frog.

Anyway, back ontopic. My C500 refuses to run Opera - but gives no error. I'm just wondering though, as this is a trial release valid for 14 days - would there be a problem here if a previous beta version had been used? I had the beta version a while ago, which was also apparently a trial version valid for about a month. Red herring, or relevant?

Guest farq001
that's funny :) stupid frog.

Anyway, back ontopic. My C500 refuses to run Opera - but gives no error. I'm just wondering though, as this is a trial release valid for 14 days - would there be a problem here if a previous beta version had been used? I had the beta version a while ago, which was also apparently a trial version valid for about a month. Red herring, or relevant?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It won't run on my C500 - and I've never had any previous versions of Opera. Mine installs but won't run. Just shows the coloured waiting timer!

Guest pdtp

So i installed this on my e200 runs great. i did notice that when i used my keyboard threw remote display that every letter would come up twice, and when i switched my phone to type in numbers only that the numbers would come in twice also. other than that i love it, it supports frames so i can now check my bank account online, i'm thinking that i will buy it just for that reason.

Guest gnagis

installed without problems on my Qtek 8010 ((C500)) BUT! it only works if i use thrue cabel on my internet connection.. it wont connect to GPRS even if it asks to do so.

Guest BigSwirv

I installed it on my SMT5600 and the thing runs pretty nicely. It definitely seems faster than the Pocket IE installed on the phone already. I haven't had any problems with browsing any site so far either. Not sure if its worth the $29 price tag though ... good thing I have 13 more days left on my free trial!

Also, it does seem to be a bit of a memory hog unfortunately. I wouldn't suggest using it at the same time as the camera ... seems to cause issues.

Guest James

Another issue i have found is with the 'selected item' when you scroll, the screen seams to jump missing sections out :/ (maybe only in 'Full Display' mode)

but it is quicker...

Guest djfuego

You don't think the next C500 rom update will be a WM5 upgrade do you? Or did someone just click the wrong button when they went to compile WM2003 Opera, accidentally compilling WM5 instead?

Edited by djfuego

Guest Magnetic_dud

I installed opera thinking it was freeware.

When i see the nag screen, i closed the app and went to remove application... but...

now it's empty!!!

No more program available for remove!

How can i do?

Tried through activesync and uninstalled but my list reamins empty

Guest sirshannon

This is a joke if it is supposed to be a serious offering as a browser for my MS Mobile 2003 smartphone. You can't stream WMV vids (no mms support), you can't download (!!!), you can't import favorites, you can't set your home page, the link navigation is new and different, accesskeys aren't supported and navigation on forms is completely funked up.

And, on top of all that, it's not free.

Brilliant!

I posted a more complete review of Opera for MS Smartphone Review Here

I definitely do NOT agree with the comments on Opera Mobile. I used the Beta and now the Release Version. OK, OK, there is a pending problem with the C500 and also with the registration. I believe though, that it will be fixed soon.

Opera is, IMHO, far superior to IE (Frames, Speed, etc.)

And as far as importing IE Favourites are concerned: it can be done. I have posted the way to do it on the Opera Forum. You need Bookmarkbridge to do it (freeware). It goes as follows:

1. You need to have Opera on your PC, thats a prerequisite.

2. Run Bookmarkbridge. This will take your IE Favourites and convert them to Opera.

3. Go to Program Files (or Programme in German) on your PC

4. Got to Opera

5. In the Opera Folder, open the Defaults folder

6. There you find a file named "opera6def.adr"

7. Copy this file to somewhere on your PC

8. Rename it to "opera6.adr"

9. Copy this file to your Phone to \Storage\Application Data\Opera

10. Your are all done.

Cheers

Hans

Guest RickDawson

no load for me on my c500 :)

I get the loading pie (not internet explorer) timer, then it just goes away, and opera does not load.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.