GPRS modem over IrDa

Guest Davka

Guest Davka

Hi

I can't make modem function in MPx200 to work.

It works well by USB but I want modem by IrDa (connecting phone by USB cable to my laptop eats battery beacause of phone is charging).

I'm using WinXP. I'm starting Modem app on the phone, starting connection from laptop, it gets CONNECTED but when I try to transfer any data (open webpage, ping or anything else) it shows that Ir link is lost. Then the modem connection is dosconnectiong and then IR link is back. Very strange behavior. It looks like tranfering data over modem breaks IR link. Transfering files from laptop to phone and vice versa works fine so IR link is good.

Anyone have got working MPx200 modem over IrDa ?

PS. Sorry for my poor english :oops:

UPDATE:

I've just discovered that it works when phone charger is connected. So I connect phone to charger, start modem connection, it works and I can browse Internet as long as I want, and when I disconnect charger plug from phone IR-link is down. Silly :roll:

Edited by Davka

Guest Davka

My conclusion after tests:

- modem works over IrDa and USB in WM2002

- works on WM2003 over USB

- works on WM2003 over IrDa when power is connected to miniUSB (by USB cable to computer or charger)

- DOESN'T WORK in WM2003 over IrDa when nothing connected to miniUSB

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cancak

Thanks very much!

I have downgraded to 2002 and at least I can connect with my laptop without a cable from now on.

However,

I have a Toshiba E805 which succesfully connects to GPRS network using Generic IRDA driver with Motorola T260 (7389i). I have tested with both AC power source and USB data cable to test whether IRDA modem of MPx200 would work; it does not. Have you made any tests with a PDA?

How can we make Mpx200 IRDA modem work with a Pocket PC ? I am tired of carrying two phones.

Edited by cancak