Application Unlock and other ?

Guest mvrotc

Guest mvrotc

My mpx200 is already sim unlocked. What is and do i need to app unlock the phone to install homebrew emus and apps and everything else

If so how is this done for the mpx200

Also can some1 point me 2 a guide to download new homescreen and install it.

And to use .wav and .mid as ringtones

Edited by mvrotc

Guest awarner [MVP]

There are two posts that will help you out.

For application unlocking information, have a look at the Sticky post in the Help and Advice section called Quick Links, This will give you instructions and also the link you need for the Orange developers site where you can application unlock your phone.

As for installing homescreens etc,

Have a look in the Smartphone FAQ section, a post near the bottom called First 48 Hours has a guide explaining how to install different file types.

Guest mvrotc

Ok thanks alot. Just one more question im going to upgrade my mpx200 to WM2003. Is this a good thing.. also will this make my phone not sim unlocked again

Guest Disco Stu

Haven't done it myself, but this forum's members seem to be split 50:50 on whether the 2003 ROM is a good idea or not. A lot of them have been trying to downgrade back to 2002 and I don't think it is possible. It shouldn't affect SIM-unlocking, but don't take my word for it.

You have to remember that there was no official release of the 2003 ROM for the MPx200 and therefore no official support. The phone was not designed for that OS so it is always going to be a risk installing it.

If you want the WM2003 OS you would be better advised to buy a phone with it pre-installed. Now that WM2005 is soon to be officially released you can buy 2003 phones quite cheaply.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The advantage with 2003 is that you can use .net applications and wma ringtones.

The downside is less memory, more unstable, bad English t9 and not forgetting it's also ilegal.

Guest mvrotc

the less mem part dosnt bother me but wat do u mean bad english and will it effect the sim unlock

here are some good things ive found

Fix some original bugs in the mpx software, such as the known caller ID issue.

Adds several new features and settings (There are a lot of specific ones that greatly improve the phones, features in the options, internet, phone software, and the screen looks much better, etc.)

One of the best things yet, the battery now last longer..

Reception has been improved a lot.

Speed has been another great feature. The phone is able to run much faster now and windows media player can play movies about 50% faster than the 2002 OS.

You will be able to run the latest 2003 and 2002 programs now on the phone. If you do not like the 2003 upgrade you can always go back to the 2002 version. Its safe.

Totally debrand your phone and remove ugly startup and service carrier customizations.

The North American version of the MPX-200 comes with the 900mhz feature disabled. This firmware flash unlocks this ability and allows you to use the 900mhz feature, making your phone a tri-band phone that works on all five continents of the world.

There will be other programs on the phone after the install. It just too much to list.

Guest awarner [MVP]
wat do u mean bad english and will it effect the sim unlock

It's just really poor english making t9 a pain to use compared to other phones and no it will not affect the SIM unlock.

Adds several new features and settings (There are a lot of specific ones that greatly improve the phones, features in the options, internet, phone software, and the screen looks much better, etc.)
Not really the only real improvement is that the phone can now use .net applications and wma ringtones there is nothing else that "improves" the phone.

One of the best things yet, the battery now last longer..

not quite true there is no real evidence that this is the case, The only thing that was discovered in this time was that if you did a hard reset while the battery was fully charged you had a better overall battery life this applies to 2002 as well.

Reception has been improved a lot.
Again another misconception unfortunately.

Speed has been another great feature. The phone is able to run much faster now and windows media player can play movies about 50% faster than the 2002 OS.

2003 is more memory hungry and because of this it causes the phone to run slower. Due the the larger memory cache the MPX200 sill runs faster than the e200 with 2002 or 2003 :D.

The North American version of the MPX-200 comes with the 900mhz feature disabled. This firmware flash unlocks this ability and allows you to use the 900mhz feature, making your phone a tri-band phone that works on all five continents of the world.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and No :) (I've lost count the ammount of times I've had to explain this)

If only this were true, no ammount of flashing can make a dual band phone that is dual band by it's hardware, suddenly turn into a triband phone.

There were a few MPX200 AT&T that were triband, this was a production mistake with the early releases, so only a few AT&T MPX200 phones are triband.

It's the scum on ebay who try to sell and con people into buying the 2003 update.

The 2003 rom was never ment to be sold, and it was available (free) for a short time before the nice men in suits had a chat with MSmobiles and made him remove it.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Also all 2003 ROMs originate from the AT&T 2003 ROM that was given to a few people at a convention. The only unbranding is done by the hackers involved in creating the few varients of this ROM.

The first version had the cartman logo then returned to the Moto Flower,

with the right knowledge you can use any logo screens you want.