10 reasons NOT TO BUY a windows mobile smartphone!

Guest med3d

if you think the C500 screen is in a class of its own, you better see the C550 screen! with 240x320 pixels in the same size!

crisper that a extra crispy crisp. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes so I have heard, I's only sad it's just another version of c500 and not a real upgrade yet, not to me atleast. But the C550 screen IS amazing.

Guest antonyc
1. Battery life is really poor: 2days at its best! (3days is my record).

2. Battery life doesn't exceed 1 day when I watch a movie or play 1 hour.

3. The following message appears once every 2 days :"The sim cannot be detected or must be replaced".

4. When 20 or maybe 25 programs are installed, the phone may not respond any more. So a HARD RESET is required.

5. The menu is sometimes slow.

6. No possibility to shut an application through it. A task manager is always required. But some will say that the phone will randomly shut the non-used applications to free memory. But It's not always true, I must shut them all to make my phone work properly.

7. They're still expensive.

8. The growing number of viruses.

9. I sometimes can't answer my calls.

10. No update available from Windows Mobile or from the manufacturer.

These are issues I've experienced and may not be representative of all smartphones, but that's a fact: classic cellphones are less buggy. I've never had any problem with my other phones (as far as there were with lithium battery).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have had a spv c500 for months..good phone..only crashes if installing emu's or strange hacked stuff

ur phone is faulty................change it

Guest Pagemakers
1. Battery life is really poor: 2days at its best! (3days is my record).

2. Battery life doesn't exceed 1 day when I watch a movie or play 1 hour.

3. The following message appears once every 2 days :"The sim cannot be detected or must be replaced".

4. When 20 or maybe 25 programs are installed, the phone may not respond any more. So a HARD RESET is required.

5. The menu is sometimes slow.

6. No possibility to shut an application through it. A task manager is always required. But some will say that the phone will randomly shut the non-used applications to free memory. But It's not always true, I must shut them all to make my phone work properly.

7. They're still expensive.

8. The growing number of viruses.

9. I sometimes can't answer my calls.

10. No update available from Windows Mobile or from the manufacturer.

These are issues I've experienced and may not be representative of all smartphones, but that's a fact: classic cellphones are less buggy. I've never had any problem with my other phones (as far as there were with lithium battery).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 Good reason to by a Windows Mobile Smartphone.....It IS the best platform currently available.

1) Not on a C500

2) OK on my C500

3) Never ever seen that message

4) All my apps installed on SD card. Since the original SPV never needed to hard reset.

5) Not very often

6) Many apps have an exit feature

7) My last 3 were free. no more expensive than a decent Nokia or Sony Ericsson

8) Hu?

9) Agreed

10) There have been several updates for the phone. Unlike my old Nokia where I have to drive to the dealer to have a paid upgrade performed for me.

Next?

Edited by Pagemakers

Guest Geeklord

I knew a guy who once said "if you play sucky music, don't blame your guitar."

I think that not everyone can appreciate the value and potential of a smartphone much in the same light as not everyone is musically inclined. I guess it's all in how you look at it:

Battery life--you can't play an hour's worth of music on a car's 12volt when the ignition is off.

Installed apps--if you look at the phone's memory 16mb, that's better than most pcs not too long ago.

they're expensive--the manufacturers and marketing people must've seen a reason for this, maybe demand, maybe hype, maybe potential.

the menu is sometimes slow--we're all sometimes slow, specially after a beer too many.

And with that, I... uhhh.... yeah, right.... bye.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barnyr
so.. I own an MPx 200 too and my battery lifetime is 5 days! (My record :))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

5 days on a mpx200???? I am lucky to get 5 hours, and that is only if I turn off mobile activesych :x . Once the first email gets pushed to my phone from the exchange server, the battery goes out in 2 hours.

My 2 year contract is up in a few months, so I am starting my research now on a smartphone that will hold a charge for more than 12 hours.

barnyr