MP3 question

Guest mcolbeck

Guest mcolbeck

Hiya,

I am currently awaiting the nod from my boss to sort my new phone out and it will be either an mda compact or an M500.

I've owned both a SPV and a c500 but i've never used them as an MP3 player cos the sound quality was crap and also there didnt seem to be an easy way to use playlists.

How good is the sound quality on the Magician and is it easier to use playlists in WMP10?

Cheers

Mike

Guest Disco Stu

I'm a WMP-hater and have used several alternatives for MP3s, the best of which is the free MortPlayer.

You wouldn't use the Magician as a music player through the speaker so it all comes down to your favourite headphones. Seidio make the best ones for me.

Guest mcolbeck
I'm a WMP-hater and have used several alternatives for MP3s, the best of which is the free MortPlayer.

You wouldn't use the Magician as a music player through the speaker so it all comes down to your favourite headphones. Seidio make the best ones for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

does the magician therefore have a 3.5mm jack socket or do you need an adapter

does the magician therefore have a 3.5mm jack socket or do you need an adapter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its 2.5 so u need an adapter or I use P900 headphones - they work great :-)

Guest En_croute

I use my Shure e2c's and the sound quality is not bad.

Not tried a playlist yet, but as you can't remove WMP, and space is limited, I'm not prepared to add another application.

I use this connector - 2.5jackto3.5socket.bmp which make a little crackle when moved, but is OK.

The microphone on the handset still works, so no need to unplug when a call comes in (WMP10 will pause on an inbound call).

Not bad in the car, with a tape adaptor either.

Power drain is quite high though.

Guest Dade

Ive been really impressed with the sound quality on my M500, lots better than the M2000 in terms of signal to noise.

Im a WMP10 user, and it works ok, I use a big chunky button layout and a car mount in the car to use it for in-car mp3.

I found that a good place to get the 2.5mm adaptor was Expansys. Have a look for the iPaq adaptors, quite cheap and they are the small ones with a short section of lead. Puts less stress on the M500 headphone socket.