How to install programs to the sd card

Guest mookie_gr

Guest Disco Stu

If you install your software by means of PC installers (msi / exe files) you will get a dialogue box asking where you want to install to.

I use active sync that cam with my MDA and I get a box eaxh time asking me if I want to save it to the default loaction. I just select no and it gives me a list, including my mem card. Hope this is of some help.

Guest koksie
I use active sync that cam with my MDA and I get a box eaxh time asking me if I want to save it to the default loaction. I just select no and it gives me a list, including my mem card. Hope this is of some help.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That allows you to install software to your SD card, but allows you not to decide into which folder. It will just make a new folder with the programs name and put it in the root of your SD card. When you want to organize your software more, you have to cut and paste the program folders into new locations ( like all games in a Games folder, all programs in a Software folder etc). However, you will have to manually adjust your shortcuts with Total Commander or Resco to keep them working. I know, I am anal about this, but I hate my SD card to have too many unorganized folders on it. Another option is to apply the registry hack I will givce below. When you do that and choose Storage card or Storage as the destination in Active Sync (in the pop-up to install in default location: main mem, you choose no and then you select storage or storage card) it will start installing , but after that you get on your Magician a screen asking in which flder and location you want the application to be installed. For games I made a folder marked games, for programs I have a folder software etc. Then the application folder is created in the games or software folder. This helps me in keeping my SD card as organized as I want it to be.

The registry hack is: In HKLM\SOTWARE\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer find a Key fAskDest and change it's value from 0 to 1.