Blutooth Probs with Emtac, Qtek S100 and CoPilot

Guest Samsonite

Guest Samsonite

Hello people...

Been pulling my hair our for a coupla hours now - I have not been using the SatNav on my Qtek S100 for a few days and fired it all up today. It wont work :)

The PPC has bonded with the GPS unit previously and all that but the CoPliot s/ware will not find the unit and give postion details. The message 'No GPS signal. Check connections' will always appear.

I have re-paired the BT GPS unit with the PPC and tried every permutation of switching the BT on before the GPS unit and vice versa - all to no avail.

I have e-mailed ALK for any CoPilot tips but i cant see them coming up with anything i havent tried - all bar a Hard Reset and re-install. But would that help with a BT connection?

Has anyone got any bright ideas? If i do need to Hard Reset, would i get away with Restoring a backup rather than messing around with re-installing everything?

The annoying thing is that it WAS working and then just stopped for no reason!

The BT settings wont let me specify a COM port number for Outgoing connections - the drop down box is blank but I can search , find and bond with the Emtac...

doin my nut in... :evil:

TIA