Battery doesn´t charge - ActiveSync still works

Guest JenSPV

Guest JenSPV

Hello,

I´m not in the best mood right now - I can´t charge my battery anymore...neither with the USB cable nor with the AC-Adapter.

I read the posting regarding this topic - is it also possible, that this problem is caused by the battery itself, so that buying a new battery would help? Or no chance about that?

Regards

Jens

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately it's unlikely that the battery is at fault and the problem is actually the internal fuse has blown.

It's unusual for your location as this problem normally appears on the AT&T MPX200 in the US.

Without taking the phone apart this can not be confirmed.

Guest JenSPV

What I forgot to mention: The status-bar of the battery was behaving strangely for some time before. Most times it had three or four lines in it - and then suddenly (in a matter of minutes) just 1 line were left - together with the warning, that the battery should be recharged.

Is that normal, or might this indicate a failure within the battery?

Regards

Jens

Guest awarner [MVP]

It does sound strange but it would be better to find someone else with an MPX200 and get them to charge your battery (or see if they can charge it) then that may give you a better idea to what is happening.

There is always the option of a hard reset, but it's best to do that with a fully charged battery.

• 3 weeks later...