A brighter way to wake up - .Wav for alarm

Guest dava

I have never been a great fan of mobile phone alarm tones yet have always used mobiles as alarms as I believe that a single device for as many uses as possible is the best route forward - hence my acting fast and picking up an SPV before Christmas.

Through messing around I noticed that you could copy .Wav files (keep them small) into the IPSMApplication DataSounds directory on your SPV and create more pleasant alarm sounds for that 7am shocker.

I know that this is no different from using Wav files as ring-tones, but just in case you hadn't thought of this one yet...

dava

Guest spacemonkey

Yeah, I use a clip from Monsters Inc when Mike is pretending to be a Radio announcer waking up the city right at the start. It's perfect cos he's just chatting away nice and calmly for about 20 seconds but if you don't wake up from that he gets really noisy.

Guest fokkerjet

Spacemonkey..

I think this is a great clip. Can't find it anywhere. Can you provide a link to it or place the .wav on your website or something please???

Have to admit, when spacemonkey described i thought "i want that too!"...but after much searching can't find it anywhere...guess we'll have to wait for spacemonkey to feel sorry for us... :wink:

Guest spacecowboy6982

Again, excuse my ignorance, but how do u get the alarm on the fone, theres not an actual folder that says "alarm" anywhere. Do u i just create a reminder or sumthing and set it for 8.55 ??

Cheers

Guest Knight_Rider

Make sure the time in the date and settings menu does actually match the actual time on the phone, mine didnt and it made the alarm mess up and I was late for work arghhh.

I wake up to the Smallville theme on my Smallville themed (well actually its more Lana Lang themed), think its nice cause as your getting up to goto work it plays "Somebody saveeeeee me"