cannot install .cab files in phone

Guest smurphy5

Guest smurphy5

I am having difficulty when installing a .cab file. I know you copy it into the \IPSM\Windows\Start Menu\To Install or what ever folder you want. But once it is in there I cannot do anything with it. I get an error saying" there is no application associated with "program name insert here". Run the application first and then open this file inside the application." I am trying to run ".cab" files only.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Mot mpx200

MSsmartphone version 2002

FYI: I did try to install "ALLexplorer" but that did not help either.

Guest mapleleaf
What .cab file are you tring to install?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont know about you guys-and maybe I do it the wrong way but i copy the cab file to the storage card and then create a shortcut to it and place it in \IPSM\Windows\Start Menu\accesories but i assumed you always used a shortcut and left the application on the storage card-maybe someone can clarify-however ive not had any problems doing it this way.

Hope it helps! :)

Guest cold_fire
I am having difficulty when installing a .cab file.  I know you copy it into the \IPSM\Windows\Start Menu\To Install or what ever folder you want.  But once it is in there I cannot do anything with it.  I get an error saying" there is no application associated with "program name insert here".  Run the application first and then open this file inside the application."  I am trying to run ".cab" files only.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Mot mpx200

MSsmartphone version 2002

FYI: I did try to install "ALLexplorer" but that did not help either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as i know on C500 the path for .cab files is IPSM\Windows\Start Menu\Accesories there u place the .cab file and execute it .It mayb the same 4 your phone .

Guest awarner [MVP]

Almost right on the C500 IPSM is called Storage :D

But cold_fire is correct, you do not need to create a shortcut and this may well be the actual problem.

the best place to put cabs is IPSM\windows\Start Menu\accessories then once you hgave done this using the phone go to your Programs\Accessories folder and the cab will be there ready for you to select and install.

A post that may help you is in the FAQ sectino called the first 48 hours, this is a new user guide and may give you some pointers to help you on your way :)

Guest smurphy5
What .cab file are you tring to install?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No .cab file in particular, I am unable to install any type. Whether it be a theme or utility I get an error (see first post). I have tried to install on both phone and cadr as well. Any ideas?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Try one of the cab files from this site, place the cab in the location I mention above.

It sounds like you may be just creating a shortcut from the PC to the phone rather than copying the actual file.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smurphy5
Try one of the cab files from this site, place the cab in the location I mention above.

It sounds like you may be just creating a shortcut from the PC to the phone rather than copying the actual file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got some files to install! Seems to be only some of the earlier tried .cab files. Thank you