homescreen designer

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

i need a homescreen designer for my c500. the ruttensoft one doesnt work and the microsoft 2002 one doesnt work. what do i do?

Guest ad241
i need a homescreen designer for my c500. the ruttensoft one doesnt work and the microsoft 2002 one doesnt work. what do i do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:?: why dont they work? i use the ruttensoft one to make themes for my c500 and it works almost fine :)

Edited by ad241

Guest cold_fire
Did u install .Net Framework in ur pc? u need it 4 Ruttensoft HSD to work. if u havnt here is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From another post of his i know he installed it but yet no luck ,there is something on his PC that "does not like Ruttensoft" ,downloading the file again may help as there may have been an error on download .

Guest cold_fire
thinking of giving up! i cant really change my homescreen!  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never give up :) !!! Try as i said to use the program on a m8's PC ,if it doesn't work try downloading it again . :idea:

Edited by cold_fire

Guest cold_fire
Never give up  :) !!! Try as i said to use the program on a m8's PC ,if it doesn't work try downloading it again . :idea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If u want bad enough to change your homescreen DO NOT GIVE UP !!! (sorry 4 the caps i'm not shouting) .

Guest Transform

it works on my pc but it wants me to be in a different res and i cant get used to it. i cant select a part of the picture like the other one. it just fits it to the phone screen, squashing it!

Guest Transform

i have managed to get the picture i want using 2002 software as shown:

spv6km.jpg

is it possible to move the time date off the screen so that i can screenshot it and take just the picture without the solitare and stuff?

Guest Jamma14

You should use photoshop to select a 176x220 bit of a picture, and then use ruttensoft, or failing that paint would be fine.

As to getting that pic on its own:

--finishing designing it on the 2002 theme generator

--then get the .hme it creates and rename it to .cab

--open in winrar or similar

--extract + open up _setup.xml, read what is says is the source for the picture file eg. IMAG~.001

--then extract that file from the cab and rename it to its correct file extension like .jpg

And then you will have your pic. :)

Paint would be simpler :D

Edited by Jamma14

This is interesting - I can't get the program to work either.

Have downloaded & installed the .net framework, and reinstalled homescreendesigner, but it always comes back with "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" error when I try to start it.

Running XP SP2 on a 1Ghz Athlon w 768MB RAM.

I'm d/ling the file again to see if this helps.

Edited: Nope, still crashes out just the same :)

Have to say, doesn't instil much confidence with the product. Not sure I would want to buy it if it is this flaky. Is there anything else around that works?

Edited by Aero

• 2 years later...
thinking of giving up! i cant really change my homescreen! :cry:

Has anybody found any luck?! Im trying to install the HomeScreen Designer 2007 for windows smartphone. on my very first installation it was successful, then i uninstalled it. i usually just try them out. i really liked it but when i try installing it, i open the program i get an windows stopped working error.

Error : WERD643.tmp.hdmp

Error : WER3A32.tmp.version

i am currently running vista home edition. how do i get the program to work, i tryed uninstalling and re-installing and i still get the same error.