Your phone has been disabled....

Guest hbk5585

Guest hbk5585

Everytime I turn on my phone now it says your phone has been disabled...I have tried hard resetting it and I have tried reflashing the phone but nothing has worked....I have WM 2003...does anybody know what I can do?

Please I really need help

Thanks

Hbk5585

Guest hbk5585
Did you get it new, or off eBay? It's possible that someone's reported it as stolen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I have had the phone for almost a year now and now it says that it has been disabled and then it says insert sim-Emergency calls only...This is sooo weird....I dont know what to do.....

Guest kyrkesmith

Have you checked the SIM contacts, and or tried another SIM. I have a feeling this is a "known issue", so if it's less than a year old, perhaps contact Orange/HTC.

Guest hbk5585

I checked another phone using my sim card and it isnt the sim card...its the phone...I dont know what i can do because I have WM 2003 illegaly on it, so basically that voids the warrenty. Any other ideas....

Guest shadamehr
I checked another phone using my sim card and it isnt the sim card...its the phone...I dont know what i can do because I have WM 2003 illegaly on it, so basically that voids the warrenty.  Any other ideas....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes...

If the phone is legitimately yours, why haven't you done the obvious straightforward first thing, and ring Orange, or your Operator?

It sounds very much like the phone has been IMEI blocked, if other sim's are doing the same.

So irrespective of the ROM you have on it, ring them up.

You don't HAVE to send it to them if you dont want, should they ask you to and your concerend about the ROM on it, but you could find out damn quick if they have made a mistake.

So do the glaringly obvious and ring them up and see...

Then let us know here mate...

Guest awarner [MVP]

Has this problem only started since installing 2003?

SIM errors are known with 2003 and the only solution most of the time is to go back to 2002.

Another thing to check is the SIM retaining lugs as these are easily broken, a piece of paper between the battery and the SIM is the normal fix.