900 mhz band unlock?

Guest madmaxedcn

Guest madmaxedcn

can some1 check it out and see if it works???

Exclusive to AT&T MPX200 owner.

The 900mhz Band, is now can be unlocked. All the AT&T MPX200 actually triband, but has been locked. The network lock appeared at the last 256KB of Flash data. Be carefull because this region also contained IMEI #.

To remove the network lock you need a software and it can be found at:

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie.../language_tools

I sucessfully enabled the 900Mhz Band on my AT&T mpx200. Please follow the steps:

1. backup the final 256kb of phone flash using MPX200_Backup. Name it as orig.raw

---> a) prepare your set in flash mode.

----> cool.gif connect to the pc

----> c) run the MPX200_backup

----> d) if dialog appear before the interface, try to change to another usb port.

-----> e) if no dialog, then proceed to click on 256KB

-----> f) save as orig.raw

-----> g) click the first button and wait till finish.

2. edit

3. Convert the fix.raw to bin file using raw2bin.

-----> C:\raw2bin fix.raw fix.bin

4. Convert the fix.bin to fix.img using MPX200_Backup.

5. Flash the fix.img to your MPX200 set using Motorola upgrade wizard.

How to prove the 900mzh is unlocked,

press *#**364# and dial at your MPX200 in order to enter the "Engineering mode", press option --> 2RR --> 1 Cell Information --> Summary. You will see "arfcn" at the top left hand corner. It's the indication for the signal you can receives. If you found those numbers below is less than 00500, congratulation !! You got 900mzh!! But if the figures show more than 00500, that means it's only receive 1800mhz only......

Edited by awarner [MVP]

Guest awarner [MVP]

As before this only works with those few phones that already triband.

To make one of the dualband MPS200 phone triband you would also have to change the filter this is a hardware configuration and not software.

This is the same thing (as such) that happens when you run the leaked

2002 update etc.

As posted here many time before the dualband MPX200 can not be made into a triband phone unless you physically alter the hardware.

Guest gorcorps

I hope I'm one of the lucky ones that this fix will work. But w/ my luck this will be pointless and I'll suffer w/ bad reception for the rest of my days. 2003 helped some, but not as much as I'd like.

Guest madmaxedcn

i dont know i did it the night be4 and i was haveing trouble with the signal in my house and the street i can here ppl but they cant here me eversince the change fromm att to suncom.now i can talk all over the house :) ...thanks firefly and kasim 4 the help..im going 2 change to cingular next week anyway but at least i can use it 4 now!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...