C550, impresions

Guest the_ape

TCPMP - Launch it, click Right softkey, video, driver, GDI should be good to go then

As for WMP10, make sure that you have got the lastest PC WMP10 (do a help check for updates), also I have got mine decerted so try that (dunno if they try lock it to 'orange' media?)

besides that I'm good.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what do you mean decerted, how, where please,.........cheers

You can change font sizes etc on the home screen just edit the storage\application data\home\themename.xml file and change the font size etc. It also seems that the screen slows down slightly (home screen that is) if you use a theme that is not 'native' size dont know why?

If you go start 5 / 3 / menu / 7 / 4 / font size 30 that seems ok for me........ for font size of incoming callers, you can also set a default photo for all users without one in there (option 2 from the menu)

Syncing music/video seems fine got my collection on.... using a 1gb card

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still haven't been able to change the font size or location for incoming calls, this menu option seems to have no effect. The photo options work but the text ones don't !

Guest the_ape

For those that want it.......

Here is a quick rehack (patch) of the Blue Futurama c500 theme......

To install you need to ......

Download the Futurama_v-1.2_Blue_(By Ndev).CAB

Download to phone, and install

Now unzip the FuturamaC550.zip file to your desktop (or wherever)

Copy the 5 images and the xml to \Storage\Application Data\Home

Copy the files in ProgFiles-Futurama to \Storage\Program Files\Futurama

Goto start 4 / 4 / Select Futurama C550

Click Done / Home now restart your phone..... Should be good to go.... there are some slight issues (some of the images look a bit iffy) But better than the Orange one :)

Ashleigh

FuturamaC550.zip

Futurama_v_1.2_Blue__By_Ndev_.CAB

Guest Radeon12345

Ordered my C550 on the day of it's UK release using the orange upgrade, received it next day :D :D

This phones awesome, I had a C500 before this one but the C550 is much better, much more responsive, was surprised at that as it's almost the same hardware as the C500 :shock:

I have no problems with this phone at all, music sounds great and the Orange headphones supplied with the C550 sound a bit clearer than the headphones supplied with the C500

Only problem I have is with games, as the screen is much higher res, games only run at 75% of the screen :cry: :cry:

Plus I really hope Orange will release Windows Mobile 5 for this phone, but I really doubt it, never know though :)

Games like Worms and Sky Force, hope these will support the high res screen in the future as these games are cool but still look great on the new screen even though they look smaller :lol:

I give this phone 9/10 8)

Edited by Radeon12345

Guest spark-x

Can anyone provide screen comparison with Vodaphone's 'Beckham' phones? Or any of the phones with those 260k screens vs. C500 (and most other phones) that use 64k screens?

Someone said this was the best screen they've seen on a phone - but i can't see how it can be as good as a 260k one - unless the resolution makes up for not-so-good colours?

Guest RayBanUK
I have no problems with this phone at all, music sounds great and the Orange headphones supplied with the C550 sound a bit clearer than the headphones supplied with the C500

Can anyone post up a picture of the new headphones as I have yet to see these yet. Are they much better than the old C500 ones. My C500 headset has gone down the drain and I need a replacement so was thinking whether the C550 ones would work.

Guest muddy250
Brilliant new toy for me to play with - one big worry though...... not sure how long the rubber protector over headphone/usb jack is going to last. Not sure if it comes off but its atight fit with the headphones in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It comes off OK, pull it out and bin it!

Guest spider

could anyone take a picture of the LEDS at the earpiece. Both the blue and the green...would REALLY like to see how it looks like.....please

Guest pfeff

Hi,

I'd like to know if there's any way to plug regular headphones into it. Or into the C500 for that matter (can you get a converter?).

Also, does anyone have any idea if Mapopolis will run on it?

Cheers,

Joe

Guest Pondrew

Mapopolis has been reported as working fine.

Yes there are headphone adaptors out there. You want 2.5 to 3.5 adapter if I remember right...

Guest Confucious
Can no one comment on the screen/colours ?

What comment do you want? As has been stated elsewhere the screen is a lot better than the C500 It is brighter, clearer and just so much easier to look at.

As for colours, 64k is fine on a screen this size.

Guest martin

Just got my C550 this afternoon ;)/

I haven't had time to play with the phone much but I did try the PTAB spreadsheet software and this work great on the C550. No problems with PTAB so far and it looks MUCH better with the higher screen resolution, especially the graphs.

Next stop - TCPMP :)

I'm also really looking forward to seeing games on this phone.

Guest Confucious
is the XPHONE 2m the same as the C550..??? it looks the same but the specs said that it only had a 176x220 screen resolution...

No it's the same as the t-mob sda.

Guest mutleyboy

does the camera app now have settings for taking negative, embossed photos etc or are they the same options as on the c500?

only a small point i know but i would be interested to see what effects it has, as it seems no-one has been able to develop an app to add different effects

Guest Irondragon
does the camera app now have settings for taking negative, embossed photos etc or are they the same options as on the c500?

only a small point i know but i would be interested to see what effects it has, as it seems no-one has been able to develop an app to add different effects

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just had a look and No you cannot take negatives... Top phone anyway...

Guest barrowfordred

Still not sure whether to upgrade from a C500.

I use the following apps - anyone comment on the compatability?

Beta Player

PocketMusic

Pocket TV

PV Player

Smart Explorer

Ruttensoft homescreen.

Thanks