[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

Guest dnlucifer

i cant unlock via the orange developers web site.ive run the orange register app on my c550 but it never goes through to the confirmation screen.my e200 before unlocked straight away.apart from registry edits which im not too confident about has anyone got any other ideas :?: ive also emailed the dev web site but as yet no reply :) p.s. does anyone know whats the best way of making/playing videos on the c550 i used to use beta player and convert using virtual dub if and when i finally do get it unlocked.

Guest mbeattie

I am probably asking a stupid question but is it the value data you change

do i change the value data of 0001005 to 40 and 0001001 to 1

Guest Confucious
I am probably asking a stupid question but is it the value data you change

do i change the value data of 0001005 to 40 and 0001001 to 1

Yup - and it works:)

@dnlucifer follow the instructions in the first post of this thread - I couldn't unlock via the site either but editing the registry worked a treat!

Edited by Confucious

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pagemakers

...although if you run the checklock.exe app it will still show your phone as locked.

It does get unlocked but not 100%. For example Sprite Backup will not correctly restore your phone if it has been unlocked using this method.

Guest bkdiem

I'm in the USA and just received a c550 + I'm trying to unblock it, but I'm obviously missign something. I think I know the problem, but I'd like to confirm..

do I need a working orange sim card to unlock the phone?

do i need to be in the UK for the orangews. app unlock feature to work?

is there a site that I can pay to unlock my c550, (like i had to do last year with my c500) in case it doesnt work?

thanks

diem

Guest Killua110

hey wht i did is transfered regedit and changed the two hk things to 1 then 40. But when i restart it, IT ASKED FOR SIMCODE? wht do i do?

ALSO I REGISTERED MYSELF ON THT ORANGE SITE so my imei number was int heir database. But when disabling certificate security i didnt get that message syaing it unlocked the phone.

PLEASE HELP!

Guest bigdan
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried this on my C550 using regedit and it says "unable to perform this operation when I hit "done" to save the new values? ;)

Any ideas?

Guest David_haire1

Just a quick thankyou to the people who developed this tool. I used it on my c550 with no problems at all. Can't believe people pay £20 for such a simple process.

One thing I would say is to go with the Orange certificate unlock thing as it's a lot safer than playing about with the registry if your not sure what your doing. May take a little bit longer to get the mobile number format matching etc but there's no risk.

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forum.

First off florin_m's method was the only way to unlock a C500 and I paid £20 to get my original unlocked.

This process is only simple because zone-mr et al have put a lot of work into it and chosen to make it freely available. Had they not done so it wouldn't be simple. Much kudos to them.

Although I have had no problems using the orange OTA method with 2 C500s it just wouldn't work on my C550 so I used the reg hack - worked like a charm, far easier than faffing about with orange! ;)

Have fun with your C550 :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

App unlocking the C550 on the Orange developers site worked first time for me, all I needed to do was use Action Register first.

Don't forget if you are not in the UK or are not using an Orange SIM (in the UK) you need to application unlock using passthrough and not GPRS.

Guest chs_arg

So using the regeditSTG will be the same of unlocking apps by the Orange Developers site?

Is possible to transfer the regeditSTG from a PocketPC via bluetooth to the C550?

Guest PlzHelp
Heya... I'd just like to confirm that our free C500 SIM unlock tool works perfectly on the C550 (thanks nedge2k for the testing) :)

To decert (application unlock) the C550, simply change these keys using the attached registry editor (it's the freeware PHM editor signed by HTC):

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001 = 1 (RAPI)

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001005 = 40 (Cert)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust someone can help, i did cahnge the values ie replaced 00001001 by 1 and 00001005 by 40, is this right, if so, when i go back to explore my fone on the computer it doesn't show my smart mobile fone folder neither the folders inside, am i doing something stupid or am i a stupid :oops:

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forum, You don't replace 00001001 by 1 and 00001005 by 40 - if you double click them they have values and it is these values you need to change.

HTH

Guest PlzHelp
Welcome to the forum, You don't replace 00001001 by 1 and 00001005 by 40 - if you double click them they have values and it is these values you need to change.

HTH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But how do i do that, to be honest i wouldn't try to be smart i simply don't know where to go and where to double click...... Many Thanks

Guest Confucious

When you highlight the key (eg 0001001) press your joystick in and it shows a screen with something like:

Value name:

Value data:

Base:

Decimal

Value type:

REG_DWORD

It is the Value Data you need to cjhhange to 1 (I'm not sure what iyt was before I changed it!)

Then do the same for the other key changing the value to 40.

HTH

Guest picard2bridge

Did anybody address Killua's problem here? I am worried that this will happen to my phone upon restarting now that I have hacked the registry. :?:

> hey wht i did is transfered regedit and changed the two hk things to 1 then 40. But when i restart it, IT ASKED FOR SIMCODE? wht do i do?

Guest Radeon12345

I app unlocked using the registry method on the first page on my SPV C550, most apps now work ok but Sprite Backup will not work, tried removing it and installing it again, tried installing it on the storage card and built in storage, install ok but fails to run saying my phone is still locked :evil:

Anyone now how I can get this to run :)

Would rather unlock it through the orange developer site but they don't recognise my imei, and I tried that orange registry tool but didn't work :cry: :cry:

Please help, I need to restore my Sprite Backup image as all my contacts and prgrams are in that image :cry:

Thanks ;)

Guest fozzie

Just follow the instructions on the Orange website; it gives you an email address to contact if things still don't work after installing the Action Register tool. You should then receive a security application targetted for you specific IMEI within a day or two.

Edited by fozzie

• 2 weeks later...