[INFO] Decert + SIM Unlock C550

Guest Zone-MR

next problem....when I use the reg edit program and go into the reg path as described on the first page of this post...it does not show anything...the display is empty...there is no data!!! what did I do wrong..I have triede to press both "keys" and "values" but to no avail. and i am sure I used the correct path:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies But when I press the last "Policies" it does not show anything in the display.... :)

thanks, that solved the problem..I had to press the left key when the last "Policies" is shown...I should not press the "joystick to select it....I have changed the values as explained and now it should be decertified...

So the next problem comes up:

I have copied the 3 files: "CERT.CAB", "SPV Services.exe" and "TyphoonNBFTools.dll"´to a folder on the memory card. I run the CERT.CAB and now only SPV Services and TyphoonNBFTools.dll is shown in the folder. When I press SPVServices is says "SPV services is not a valid Windows CE appplication"....what did I do wrong ;) please let me know...thanks in advance :)

@ fozzie...sorry I didnt mean to..but I dont think the explanation is that good...well anyway...I am one step further...I connected my phone to the PC (after I installed AS and it connects OK to the Phone)..

Then I start SPVService and it starts up the SPV service page..but It says:

"RAPI Init failed: Cannot create client DLL"

How do I get across that?

I have to mention, that I use a UK Orange SIM card, but there is no connection to the network as there is no O network here in Denmark anymore (which is why I want to unlock it so I can use my SIM card....

So please help me...I know it is fustrating :oops: ...but please help me

Guest Confucious
yes...I have put them in a folder on the mem card....in a folder which I have just created....right or wrong?

No no no no no.

These two files do NOT go on the phone, put them in a folder on your computer and run the exex from there.

I have also done that and then run the SPV service.exe but then I got the message as you can see in my post above...

...did I destroy somethign by that...please say NO

well I finally managed to unlock my phone...but not in the way this topic says...I did it by www.imei-check.com ...it worked a treat the first time....I know I know 20 £ but it saved my some work...

I strongly believe the problem I had before is related to the Active sync....Even though it says I am connected it says connected as "guest". And when I try to explore the folder on the phone, nothing comes up!!. Therefore I strongly beleive that something in my data connection between the phone and PC is not correct. I cant seem to find any sort of com port seetings (I already tried file-> connection settings but to no avail) or other kind of settings I can change in order to get the connection up and running but if you have any clues, please let me know.

Edited by spider

Guest Confucious

So your problem is that you can't connect via Activsync properly? And nothing to do with the free unlocker which won't work without an Activsync connection? If you'd got that sorted earlier you could have saved yourself £20!

I Activesync on the PC go to file -> Mobile device - are there any devices listed there? Go to file -> Delete Partnership and delete any existing partnership then plug your phone in again, is it recognised now? Can you set up a partnership?

yep I realised that if my pc connection didnt work, then of course I wouldnt be able to unlock it as you say...but I was in a kind of time pressure as I just HAD to get my phone up and running in regards to phone calls etc.

Well back to the topic...I already tried that but I cant select it as it is grayed out...I tried to go into connection settings and remove serial connection and network connection and only allow USB connection...but stil to no avail. I can still see that I seems to be connected as the status says connected, but still am not able to explore the phone and I am also connected as guest. Infact everything is greyed out except: explore (in were I can not see anything), connection seetings (see above), options (in the tools menu) and add/remove programs. I also downloaded version AS version 3.8 which is the one I refer to above and triede to unistall it and reinstall it again. My OS is XP SP 2.

Confucious..thank for trying to help me out on this one :)

Guest Confucious

spider, it is against forum rules to have more than one login! [-X

Why have you changed to 8legs? If you just wanted to change your name the mods could have done it for you.

Anyway, get a reg editor and at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services see if a key named GuestOnly has a value of 1. If yes change the value to 0 and in your next connect the partnership screen appears again.

sorry...I didn’t realize I did that :oops: !!?? two logins...hmm strange...I didn’t know I had two!!??....mmmm sorry to sound stupid...but how can this happen...I thought that I only had one username...I mean I only got one password...If this is my fault please let me know how to change it back to only one login/password/username...again I am so sorry :cry:

EDIT: Just tried to use both usernames (spider and 8legs) and the same login password…and it lets me log in in both events!!!! I remember (I think) that we for a looong time ago had to change username or was or was it password, can’t remember, but it might have happened that I by accident have done some illegal stuff like double username…I am not sure…

I have been looking in the REG DB as followed the path you mention, but I can not find the key GuestOnly.

When I follow the path I can see the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\partners\”P1” and “P2” are displayed

In these P1 and P2 there is something called PCur and it got a value data “1” but I don’t believe these are the values you refer to.

If I press VALUES In the “………windows CE services” I don’t get any values at all (nothing is displayed)

If I press VALUES in the “………windows CE services\partners” then I got something called: FileSyncPath, NoSubFolderIn, RasTimeoutRespo and Version and if I press the action on any of these values I don’t see the values you mention.

In any event how come the value you refer to suddenly might have changed (when I find it I might be able to see it) ?

Thnkx again for your help

D..N...Am I getting crazy here or what :x I just wanted to install "papyrus" and now my phone says it is not certified..which is OK, BUT the thing is I already modified the REG DB as the topic suggest and I can see that is modified correctly...I transfered the "papyrus" CAB file with IR and tried to run it but as said, it comes up and says it is not certified....further to that I seems that the *.cab file for papyrus is now gone!!!.... MUST I install Papyrus from the PC (I believe it is enough just to run the CAB file from the phone...or is it?)

this is getting a BIT fustrating......

I can NOT decert the SPV on O developer page as I am not resident in UK so changing the REG DB is the only way...WHAT the #¤&/&/&/" do I do wrong?

Guest Confucious

Spider,

Most cabs come up with a message saying they are not certified do you want to proceed? If you say yes the app is installed and the cab deletes itself. Are you sure Papyrus isn't installed?

Why can't you use Orange site to decertify? You don't have to be on Orange, just use PassThrough and it should work.

What Values do you have under P1 and p2? So you have tried to sync with 2 PCs? The PName value tells you which is which. I am not sore which bits you would have to delete to get it working. It might be an idea to start a new thread about your activsync problem because if people aren't reading this thread then you could be missing out, I'm sure someone will know what to do (probably pzee!)

…sorry for the late answer….

Well when I try to install Papyrus it says: “Installation failed. The program or setting cannot be installed because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate.” All I can do is press OK (left SK) and that’s it. I am 100 % sure the program is not installed. And further to that the CAB file is gone. Now if I by use of the file manager (file explorer) go into the CAB file and set it as “read only” the file is not deleted after the installation trial. But still the result is the same…unable to install

I tried to use the SPV developer site to decert my phone and it went….well sort of OK. I could enter my phone number, I could enter my IMEI code etc, and the site says please allow five min. for the registration to take place. Well so I did, but I never got a reply or anything else on my PC or the SPV.

Later I tried to do it again but it said that I was unknown and then I could try to have the file downloaded into the phone through GPRS, which was what I did. I got the file and installed Orange Register which I had to run to decert the phone. I enter my phone number and it recognizes my IMEI number and I press register. The GPRS starts up and I can see that the “Registered” line says “YES”. However I can also see that the “LOCK” line says “RUNNING”. I have tried to have this screen running for more than 10 min. but nothing happens. However it seems that the phone tries to do something as the screen blinks very quickly sometimes. It might be that it is trying to update the information on the screen but that’s it. Nothing else change. I strongly believe that this has to do with the fact that I am not using Orange as a service provider, but “Sonofon” who is a Danish service provide (with not relations to O in any way). But I can not be sure. Maybe you have any other hints for this process? And what about this pass-through connection you mention? Is that for the PC you mean? As said earlier I can not use AS at this very moment, which is why I have to download the file via the phone.

Good idea about another post for the AS problem. I will do that.

Well as always I welcome your comment on this one and thank you in advance for any helpful hints..

Bottom line - your phone is not software (application) unlocked. Follow the instructions in the appropriate thread and then you will be able to installed unsigned apps.

Edited by fozzie

The bottom line is I can not decert the SPV even with the reg edit tweak…(or any other way...it seems)

This morning I even tried to change the value data to something else (to 0 and 39).Turned off the phone. Restarted the phone (just to be sure that the reg data base is initialised), changed the values data back to 1 and 40 (as described at the beginning of this topic). Then turned off the phone and on again and tried to install an app (Papyrus) but still to no avail…

This is getting pretty frustrating now……what the :evil: #¤ :x %&/ :evil: &% :x ¤# :evil: am I doing wrong here :cry:

Edited by spider

Guest PPCPassion
I'm in the USA and just received a c550 + I'm trying to unblock it, but I'm obviously missign something. I think I know the problem, but I'd like to confirm..

do I need a working orange sim card to unlock the phone?

do i need to be in the UK for the orangews. app unlock feature to work?

is there a site that I can pay to unlock my c550, (like i had to do last year with my c500) in case it doesnt work?

thanks

diem

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Bro,

I am in USA too. I want to confirm that I was able to use Orangews to unlock application without orange sim card. I had to use their registry cab file. I used pass thru internet connection settings on my C550, and in less than a minute, I got message-ph app unlocked. Note: I entered my USA mobile ph# with 1 and area code, it worked. For some strange reasons, when I just entered 9 digit ph# (without 1), it refused to recognize my imei #. Strange or may be just coincidence.

If you are also going to use Sprite back up, use AT&T option for unlocked phones (vs. Orange) and you will have no probs with Sprite.