C500 Rom Bug

Guest Lammypie

Guest simon211175

I never had the 654321 problem, just the + set against the answerphone number. I've just tried the registry hack, and as with yosnoor, I had to set both L1 and L2 numbers to the correct number to get it to stick. I then tested something by removing the number from the L1 registry key and rebooting. the result is the correct answer phone number remains on speed dial 1.

Conclusion to me is that the new rom is using line 2 as the default for it's information here.

Scratch that - the answerphone went wrong again after a few hours. Now got it set on L1 and L2. Hopefully that will indeed be the end of this.

Edited by simon211175

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrriceguy

I have had this problem before and since I have updated the ROM. The speeddial reverts to the '+' after every time I sync the phone with my PC, not when I switch i off and back on. I have checked that there is no conflict in the address book etc.

Guest simon211175

The solution posted above by yosnoor solves this problem. My phone is synched to my PC every day and also rebooted every couple of days. Since editing the registry as above, the answerphone number remains intact :)

Guest jporch316

I Have also now used the registry hack as the sim swap only lasted a few days and then reverted back to +

Both L1 & L2 showed a + sign before editing therefore best to change both. - Havent had a problem since.

Cheers Mossywell

Guest FuzzySensei
I Have also now used the registry hack as the sim swap only lasted a few days and then reverted back to +

Both L1 & L2 showed a + sign before editing therefore best to change both. - Havent had a problem since.

Cheers Mossywell

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. I did the registry hack a fews days ago and so far so good. Thanks

Guest alexwils

I've had the 654321 problem since the ROM update however I 've also noticed that when I edited the registry to reduce the pause between rings this is also reset back to 3 (I set it to 1) so it seems that the problem is resetting the registry - or parts of it. Haven't tried the alternate sim trick yet. Will give this a go tonight and report back tomorrow with my findings.

Guest alexwils

Right, last night I put my girlfriends orange sim into my phone, went to settings and checked the voicemail number - it was the full +44 one. I then switched off the phone, changed sim back to mine and the voicemail speed dial was then set to the +44 number (I'd set mine to 123 originally). This morning my phone's speed dial has gone back to 123 just like I set it a few days ago and hasn't reverted to 654321 so success so far.

Guest adrianrdaw

Mine went to the + only. After all the usual attempts and talking to Orange I couldn't change anything.

HOWEVER, the registry hack seems to have worked thus far, and I'm a happy bunny again.

Thanks for posting the hack Mossywell, much appreciated. :)

Guest jporch316
Spoke to a really helpfull operator at Orange (Kylie)

The C500 fault has been passed to the Data Team and at some point there will be a new upgrade to rectify the problem, 

but does not know when 

Is this still the case or just a rumour - i ask not for the answerphone fix but for other niggles that could be fixed such as the rapid memory depletion

Guest Pagemakers

Here is a working solution.

1) Insert a sim into your phone from any correctly working Orange phone.

2) Go to settings/phone/call options and enter the correct answer machine number of +447973100123 and click done.

3) Remove sim and insert your own.

4) That's it :o

Guest FuzzySensei
Here is a working solution.

1) Insert a sim into your phone from any correctly working Orange phone.

2) Go to settings/phone/call options and enter the correct answer machine number of +447973100123 and click done.

3) Remove sim and insert your own.

4) That's it :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did this and after a few reboots I noticed the fault had reappeared. I edited the registry and this appears to be a permanent fix.

Guest jporch316

same here

I was wondering if orange planned another upgrade/patch to fix this for the less technically minded amongst us - and if this upgrade would include fixes for other niggly things, as per one of the other posts on this thread

i downloaded the updated a while ago now, but didnt stick it on my phone yet, i wanted to see what problems arose. is it worth me updating it!? or shall i wait? only it sounds like theres quite a few gripes with it! what else does it mess up on?

please recommed wether to leave it as is, or not :o