New Orange ROM

Guest matt1971

Guest matt1971

Hi,

Under the thread Dade's Review, there are a few replies mentioning that Orange are now shipping the M2000's with a new ROM thats includes WMP10, updated BT and Radio versions.

I called Orange and they told me to check the website. I told them there is nothing on their website, so the chap went and checked with another dept, and told me that a new ROM will be coming shortly.

Think this is true or a bluff?

Matt

Guest wheresalan
Hi,

Under the thread Dade's Review, there are a few replies mentioning that Orange are now shipping the M2000's with a new ROM thats includes WMP10, updated BT and Radio versions.

I called Orange and they told me to check the website. I told them there is nothing on their website, so the chap went and checked with another dept, and told me that a new ROM will be coming shortly.

Think this is true or a bluff?

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have received a replacement Orange SPV M2000 today and it is still running with WMP9 :|

But maybe new M2000's are coming out with WMP10, I hope so and I hope they release an update for us soon.

Al

Edited by wheresalan

I have received a replacement Orange SPV M2000 today and it is still running with WM9  :|

But maybe new M2000's are coming out with WMP10, I hope so and I hope they release an update for us soon.

Al

Just got a new M2000 from Orange. And its still WMP10 and the 'old' ROM on there.

I would be very surprised if O decided to update the ROM.

Guest wheresalan
Just got a new M2000 from Orange. And its still WMP10 and the 'old' ROM on there.

I would be very surprised if O decided to update the ROM.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dade,

Just to clarify:

Do you mean your new m2000 is using Windows Media Player 10 instead of 9, but is running with an old operator ROM?

Al

Dade,

Just to clarify:

Do you mean your new m2000 is using Windows Media Player 10 instead of 9, but is running with an old operator ROM?

Al

My bad! I meant to say that my new M2000 is WMP9 not 10. Sorry about that!

Guest Pondrew
i got a new one today and it says rom 1.40 when it starts up

i think it wm10 how do i tell??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Windows Media Player (not the playlist/library but the player itself) choose Menu / About and tell us what it says...

Guest motherfunk

im pleased to report that is says "windows Media Player 10"

nice one, no problems so far apart from i cant lock the bugger and the intructions are wrong as to how to do it, nippy!

Edited by motherfunk

Guest Wozbacca

who's gonna be daring enough to install this rom to let us know what its got on it?

just tried installing it,

ce image version: 1.31.00

ext image : 1.31.162

radio: 1.06.02

Edited by Wozbacca

Guest dreamweavel
who's gonna be daring enough to install this rom to let us know what its got on it?

just tried installing it,

ce image version: 1.31.00

ext image : 1.31.162

radio: 1.06.02

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on the edge of my seat - is it OK then? Does it have WMP10??

Guest Wozbacca

well i've just put the o2 asia 1.40.923 rom on my m2000.

all is good but i havent properly tested anything...

i wonder when the new 1.40 orange uk rom will be released

Guest matt1971

Hi,

Is this possibe.........

If someone used Sprite Backup from a clean i.e out of the box condition, then uploaded their backup file to a website - would another M2000 owner be able to upgrade their phone if they restored it?

Matt

Guest motherfunk

YES ORANGE M2000 UK RECIVED TUESDAY 19TH JUL

OPERATOR VERSION 4.40.1.179

ROM VERSION 1.40.00 WWE

ROM DATE 03/10/05

RADIO VERSION 1.06.02

PROTOCAL VERSION 1337.38

EXTROM VERSION 1.40.179 WWE

wmp 10

Edited by motherfunk

Guest dreamweavel

I guess that's good news - maybe we'll see a 1.40 ROM upgrade eventually then. I wish Orange were a bit quicker off the mark though; they generally seem months behind other operators with their upgrades, even when like now they've obviously got the thing to release if they wanted to :|

Just checked the orange UK site again, not there yet...

Guest Big_Dogg123

I have an O2 XDA IIs for 6 days now. I'm hoping for an update to 1.4 from O2. I suppose I could try the O2 Asia ROM, but this would, no doubt, invalidate my insurance, if my phone should break etc. (Or would they find out?). By the looks of things only 1 person here has tried that ROM on their M2000. What are you guys doing? Upgrading to one of the other operator ROMs or waiting for an update from your own UK operator?

Guest dreamweavel

I'm waiting personally; my phone would make a v ugly and expensive paperweight if i got it wrong with an update a-la-xda developers, tho i haven't actually heard anyone say they irretrievable broke theirs yet.

Guest pride429

Phoned Orange and asked about the new ROM being supplied on new M2000's and where I could go to get the download as I am used to the process having had an SPV classic, E100 & E200 - but after much sending from one department to another I still got nowhere! One guy even said that there are no plans to release a ROM update for the M2000 and that if there was nothing wrong with the phone why would I want to update anyway - DUH!?!?!?

Guest Pondrew

@pride429: not surprised at all I'm afraid. Unlike Orange's Smartphones the Pocket PC phones haven't been very well supported with updates, and that's saying something!

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I originally had a m2000 with wm10 on it, but had problems with not being able to hear people on the other end, Orange kindly changed it.... but with one that had wm9 on it.... when i rang them about it they said that no m2000 has EVER been shipped with wm10!! I think a very strongly worded e-mail is going to Orange today!!! The Lying B@star@s!!!!!

Guest Pondrew

U might be in luck... I recently discovered there IS one rom available online which I believe should be the more recent of the two. It's on the Orange business site.

Follow the following link to get to the official download page (why on earth they didn't put it in the personal M2000 section I don't know) here or goto www.business.orange.co.uk and navigate to the SPV M2000 page. The latest software update is linked to there...

Let us know if it does include WMP10...