Headphone problem..

Guest oneil

Guest oneil

I bought a new headphone yesterday.But it is working only incoming calls.During the outgoing calls I couldnt hear the voice.On the other hand I can listen mp3 and other media files. Is that hardware or software problem ? Please help me !

mpx200+wm2003+1GB Ultra II

Guest awarner [MVP]

Welcome to the site :)

Are you using an original MPX200 headset? if not it will not work correctly as the headset is wired differently to standard ones.

To get it to work correctly you would have to rewire the headphone jack plug.

Guest oneil

The headphone is not orijinal.But its working correctly other Mpx200 telephones. I test it. There s a problem with my phone. But which part is wrong ? Thank you for respond.

Guest m1.carson

Hi,

If you can get hold of some contact cleaner, spray a little on the PLUG not in the socket, then plug it in and out a few times, if you can't get any cleaner, do the same with a dry plug, as they're wipe contacts they should be self cleaning, if this fails you've probably got a bent or broken contact.

Of course the real test would be to try your friends headsets in your phone, if they work you'll have to fork out for a motorola set.

Good luck.

Guest wasyed
I bought a new headphone yesterday.But it is working only incoming calls.During the outgoing calls I couldnt hear the voice.On the other hand I can listen mp3 and other media files. Is that hardware or software problem ? Please help me !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I noticed that sometimes when you make an outgoing call and then plug in the headset you cant hear anything and when this happens basically I just press the back button and then voila! it works... and then all you do is press call progress to go back to the call screen... I think this is a 2002 specific issue but its worth a try :?:

Guest galtamur

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same problem; it is related to the SIM I am using: I bought the phone in Italy and I am using a Swiss SIM and I have this problem. If I switch to an italian SIM it is working great!

Didn't you think GSM phones are international!!!

Guest thenet
I have the same problem; it is related to the SIM I am using: I bought the phone in Italy and I am using a Swiss SIM and I have this problem. If I switch to an italian SIM it is working great!

Didn't you think GSM phones are international!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I have the same problem. I bought the phone from Hongkong Bug I am using it in thailand when i use orange sim i have this problem but when i switch to Ais sim it is working. And i don't know why - -''