Accessories for the M500

Guest Behold

Guest Disco Stu

Without having done any testing I would say it is a lot quicker when transferring files via a card reader.

I got one of those USB pen-type readers which might help too.

Guest RazorD
Without having done any testing I would say it is a lot quicker when transferring files via a card reader.

I got one of those USB pen-type readers which might help too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally, TomTom took ages when i copied it over to my 1gb, i ended up giving up after 10 minutes and moving to a card reader. Its a shame.. you wouldnt of thought they could slow it down all that much, unless the phone physically cant write to the card that fast.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jazzyuk

I wonder if you can help me guys,

Sadly, as we all know, because it is cosmetically different, none of the Jam accessories work on the m500. So do you guys know anywhere (either online or a shop) where I can get some of the m500 accessories (really need an in car kit, gonna be driving quite a bit in the next couple of weeks and would be ideal).

Also, can anyone recommend a bluetooth GPS receiver for the M500. I've been given TomTom for the PPC from a mate of mine, but havent got the receiver (which he needs to keep). Any recommendations? I've seen this Nokia one and this Non branded one. Has anyone had any experience with either of these products?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys

Jas

Guest dan13l

Jas : There was a mention somewhere else on this thread about a car hold that mobilefun.co.uk sell - you'll have to buy two bits, one for the "arm" with a sucker for the screen, and the other to hold the phone. I can't recall what it was called though.

I can confirm that someone had used it with the m500 and it was fine.

As for bluetooth GPS devices, I went for the Leadtek one from here

Edited by dan13l

Guest jazzyuk
Jas : There was a mention somewhere else on this thread about a car hold that mobilefun.co.uk sell - you'll have to buy two bits, one for the "arm" with a sucker for the screen, and the other to hold the phone. I can't recall what it was called though.

I can confirm that someone had used it with the m500 and it was fine.

As for bluetooth GPS devices, I went for the Leadtek one from here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. mate. I looked through the thread but never noticed it. And especially cheers for the link on the GPS receiver. Don't really want to go down the ebay route, but that one seems fine and so might as well get it!

Cheers again

Jas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest web-rover

Wanted to tell you guys that I've found an M500 USB sync and charge cradle with gadgetino.com trading as pda-gadgets-uk on ebay. It's £12.99 plus £2.50 P&P.

I had bought and returned an iMate desk cradle from Amazon, but Gadgetino claims that theirs does fit the new iMate and M500.

Link to one item is here, or search for "SPV M500 USB cradle" on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iMate-New-Jam-SPV-M5...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps

Guest chucky.egg

Sounds good! I've been hoping for an M500 cradle for ages

Have you ordered one?

Let us know if it actually fits and what you think of it

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest Crudeboy

I have one and it fits well, with a space for the rubber flap when docked.... its not bad but I think its such a hassle trying to put it on.... thinking of letting it go.

Edited by Crudeboy