Howto: Install RealPlayer onto SmartPhone

Guest looeee

Guest abuhasan

I did like in the images but still didn't work

please mr looeee help me

after I finished this steps what I do to work file .rm

becuse I open file .rm & .ra but still appeare to me ( file or url not found)

Edited by abuhasan

Guest looeee

abuhasan some questions for you

where is realplayer on your phone? ( e.g. \storage card\realplayer.exe )

what does it say in the "command to execute" box from step 5 of the picture guide? ( e.g. "\storage card\realplayer.exe" "%1" )

Are you using smartexplorer to open the .ra files?

Can you post me your phone (to UK) so I can make it work for you? :)

looeee

Guest xxsteppinrazorxx

Will this work for listening to live streaming audio directly from the web? for example: NFL field Pass which is a subscription service?? If it will, I will give it a try. If not, do you know of any software that would allow me to listen on my smartphone?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you for posting this, i am glad i can run all my rel audio files on my sp5m wm5.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My pleasure.

Just got it to work on my sp5 too

ooh you can see how much time is remaining! yay

looeee

Edited by looeee

Guest cellchamp
My pleasure.

Just got it to work on my sp5 too

ooh you can see how much time is remaining! yay

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mate when i try to install any software via activesync active sync checks for free space on device (not storage card) and then it would not install the app if device dont have anough free space. Is there anyway i can tell activesync to send all apps to storage card and not device? My deivce has only 3mb storage space left even though i deleted the antivirus, arabic software, etc. How do i get over this problem?

Guest leoiden

is not working for me i am using smt 5600 with windows mobile 5.0 ,could you guys just share the files that you alredy have set up so i can just put them on my phone please thanks in advance!!! i also attached the files in a zip file please tell me what i did wrong thanks!

Guest leoiden

is not working for me i am using smt 5600 with windows mobile 5.0 ,could you guys just share the files that you alredy have set up so i can just put them on my phone please thanks in advance!!! i also attached the files in a zip file please tell me what i did wrong thanks!

Guest leoiden

~rnsetup when i open this it does not have a realplayer cab why dont you people just share the files already renamed!!

Edited by leoiden

leoiden,

I am certain that the people at real.com would prefer us not to share their files for redistribution on an unsupported platform. It says in the license agreement that comes with realplayer

You may not: [...]modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble [...] or create derivative works based upon the Software or Documentation

as for your problem... the file IS there.

You should have 15 files in your ~rnsetup folder.

Only one of them is called realplayer and that is the one that you want.

If you have winzip installed it will have a yellow icon looking like a folder in a vice, if you do not it will look like a blue filing cabinet.

It is the cab file and will open with winzip or explorer (depending on the icon colour) for you to extract the files

looeee

Guest leoiden
leoiden,

I am certain that the people at real.com would prefer us not to share their files for redistribution on an unsupported platform.Ā  It says in the license agreement that comes with realplayer

as for your problem... the file IS there.Ā 

You should have 15 files in your ~rnsetup folder.Ā 

Only one of them is called realplayer and that is the one that you want.

If you have winzip installed it will have a yellow icon looking like a folder in a vice, if you do not it will look like a blue filing cabinet.Ā 

It is the cab file and will open with winzip or explorer (depending on the icon colour) for you to extract the files

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the rnsetup folder does not have the files when i do this the rnstu1 has the files and the realplayer.exe dows not turn into the realplayer icon when i renamed it and the gecko2.dll does not change either when i rename it? I THINK THATS WHY I CAN GET IT TO WORK bytheway you could always email me the info to share never meant that you posted thanks for your help! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest phanna

Hello looeee,

Your procedure of adding a menu to the Realplayer using the "MenuHack" DOES NOT WORK. I have tried it many times and does not work...did it work with you? and if so could you tell me how?

Thanx

Hello looeee,

Your procedure of adding a menu to the Realplayer using the "MenuHack" DOES NOT WORK. I have tried it many times and does not work...did it work with you? and if so could you tell me how?

Thanx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi phanna,

Welcome to the forum

can you give me some clues as to what you mean by "DOES NOT WORK?"

Before you renamed realplayer.exe to _realplayer.exe what happened when you clicked on a .ra file in file manager? what happens now?

looeee

Hi phanna,

Welcome to the forum

can you give me some clues as to what you mean by "DOES NOT WORK?"

Before you renamed realplayer.exe to _realplayer.exe what happened when you clicked on a .ra file in file manager? what happens now?

looeee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Realplayer.exe worked and I'm able to run .ra and .rm files, but I was not able to run your procedure to create a menu to realplayer using the "MenuHack". I got the MenuHack window with ten numbers (1..10) to execute certain commands and they looked almost as the following:

1: run

2: (blank)

3: (blank)

4: (blank)

5: (blank)

6: (blank)

7: (blank)

8: (blank)

9: (blank)

10: exit

when I choose "1" I get another window with only the following string: "found..." and nothing is running.

Another Question, You were able to create an .xmc file (running under XBAR3) to pause the realplayer, Could you tell me how did you get the x,y coordinates (X-8000,Y-55000). I want to know so I can create another macro files to turn up/down the volume and I still thinking of another macro to scroll through the .ra file.

Realplayer.exe worked and I'm able to run .ra and .rm files, but I was not able to run your procedure to create a menu to realplayer using the "MenuHack". I got the MenuHack window with ten numbers (1..10) to execute certain commands and they looked almost as the following:

1: run

2: (blank)

3: (blank)

4: (blank)

5: (blank)

6: (blank)

7: (blank)

8: (blank)

9: (blank)

10: exit

when I choose "1" I get another window with only the following string: "found..." and nothing is running.

It doesn't sound like you copied in the menuhack.INI file from my 1st post which populates those 10 fields

Another Question, You were able to create an .xmc file (running under XBAR3) to pause the realplayer, Could you tell me how did you get the x,y coordinates (X-8000,Y-55000). I want to know so I can create another macro files to turn up/down the volume and I still thinking of another macro to scroll through the .ra file.

I guessed the coordinates then used the P command to change the colour of the pixel underneath, then carried on guessing and adjusting until I hit the button.

The volume controls are do-able too (but you may as well use the buttons on the side of the phone)

I could not find any way to scroll the file. If you have any luck, please share it with me/the forum.

looeee

Guest kevinrilli

realplayer doesn't start correctly.

I couldn't navigate the menu or something esle in realplayer on smartphone.

@ looooee: your guide is great. I followed step by step, but it doesn't work.

any idea? would like to play *.r1m

is it possible?

realplayer doesn't start correctly.

how does it start incorrectly? please explain

would like to play *.r1m

is it possible?

Sorry mate, but what's an r1m file?

does it work if you rename it to .ra?

looeee

ok. realplayer works the first time... yippie

r1m-files are streaming realplayer files. stream by www.betalounge.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

betalounge is a top site ;)

open the registry

go to HKCR\.ra

look at the default value (mine is rafile)

make a new entry HKCR\.r1a

set its default value to be what you've just read (rafile)

i've not been able to test it so please let me know how you get on

looeee