Howto: Install RealPlayer onto SmartPhone

Guest looeee

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out how to make the progress bar move forward. I listen to programs from the BBC and I'd like to be able to scroll forward. I though SP Helper might allow it, but it doesn't seen to do click-drag.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest looeee
Has anyone figured out how to make the progress bar move forward. I listen to programs from the BBC and I'd like to be able to scroll forward. I though SP Helper might allow it, but it doesn't seen to do click-drag.

this looked like the most promising program but the author never finished the features he promised. Need to be able to click and hold the mouse.

If you use ActiveSync Remote Display you can drag the slider with your mouse but its no use on the move

looeee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest looeee

I've just got a new phone after a rather tragic steamy bathroom incident and have reproduced the "Response or data from server timed out" error.

My fix was to go to Settings->Connections->Wifi-Settings->Power Mode

and switch off the setting that says to turn the wifi connection off if the LCD screen is off

happy days

Guest Alexei

I'm still lost as to how to get BBC Radio to stream. I get the same "ERROR - Response or data from server timed out" warning, and that's with activesync in the cradle, let alone Bluetooth.

Still SPHelper means I can adjust some settings, so would upping the bitrate help?

Edited by Alexei

• 1 month later...
Guest pierre

Hi Looee, are you still there for your sins? ;-)

I rapidly went through the whole thread, and suppose the whole process is mostly only intended to SP' users (?)

This could be of help as I also have a smartphone (buggy Hurricane), but now my aim is to get my favourite radio station stream on my WM5 PPC (HTC TyTn) over wifi.

Real Player PPC is installed, but it won't open the .ram' files (a pop up called "error" comes only). Also, I'm unable to open video streaming from BBC news.

Do you have any clue on how to get this to work?

Thanks a lot!

Guest brfc1875

I also have the same problem. I can play .ra files, but when I try to play a .ram file I get the 'error' page come up. I have associated .ram files with Real, and have also checked the 'accept IE downloads' box in Smartexplorer. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I have a SPV M3100 and I followed the steps for installing the RealPlayer for Smartphone. I copied those 7 files on my M3100 and edited the registry like instructed on this thread. I managed to make it work for a bit in order to listen to BBC Radio 4 and then again it messed up and started getting that error message again. Can anyone here give details for step by step installation of the RealPlayer on M3100 please?

Thanks!

Hi!

I have a SPV M3100 and I followed the steps for installing the RealPlayer for Smartphone. I copied those 7 files on my M3100 and edited the registry like instructed on this thread. I managed to make it work for a bit in order to listen to BBC Radio 4 and then again it messed up and started getting that error message again. Can anyone here give details for step by step installation of the RealPlayer on M3100 please?

Thanks!

On M3100 I just installed the RealPlayerOne for PPC and that was it. The only thing you need to do is connect manually to the internet as RealPlayer doesn't open the connection for itself.

I could get my M3100 to read .ram' streams on my home' wifi-network by adding the phone to my router's DMZ (demilitarised zone) It's a simple thing to do on router's parameters; it took 30 seconds, and voilà.

Now, it won't work on UMTS or GPRS, because I guess my operator does not have a DMZ for their clients. I heard it is the case with some operators (including one in UK), which could explain why Wam7 is able to connect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mantis123
here's something to try to fix the for the "file or url not found" problem

Open up smartexplorer

go to File->Open->Manage File types...

scroll down to .ra

Menu->Edit file type

ensure that the "command to execute" is something like

"\storage card\program files\real\realplayer.exe" "%1"

you need the quotes around the %1

do the same for .rm

please let me know if that helps

looeee

Hi, Looeee:

I don't know why I cannot find the .ra and .rm files from my phone by the use of Smart Expolere to fix the "file or url not found" problem, could you please give me some advices? Thank you. :) :D

Hi, Looeee:

I don't know why I cannot find the .ra and .rm files from my phone by the use of Smart Expolere to fix the "file or url not found" problem, could you please give me some advices? Thank you. :) :D

Could be that you're using an outdated version of Smart Explorer, although I can't help in this matter as I use Resco Explorer only.

Hi, Looeee:

download a .ra file to the phone

Open up smartexplorer

navigate to the .ra file

file->open with->menu->add to list

browse to realplayer

go to the "command to execute" box and make sure there are " marks around "%1"

check the Accept in IE box

push 5

open

• 6 months later...
Guest baryar
zenbrain25

have you tried the sample clips on this page?

http://www.modaco.com/RealOne_Player_on_MS...ne-t224125.html

abuhasan

I am fine thanks

There is a pictorial guide on this page:

http://www.modaco.com/RealOne_Player_on_MS...ne-t224125.html

choose the semi-automatic method

looeee

Hi,

Thanks for sending the complete procedure for Real Player,

Sir I am using i-mate sp5m but i am able to control real player(i cant pause or player nor can i forward or reverse , no volume control etc) every time i have to go to the file and then open it and playe it and have to close it through task manager.

Can you help me in this regard,

Thanks

Majid

• 1 month later...
Guest AdwiL

Sorry for updating topic but i've done everything what was written in first post and it was working. After reboot my T-Mobile Dash don't want start with sim card! I'm writing pin code then shows messeage "Please Wait" and after 40-50 seconds smartphone do self reboot, shows menu with typed pin "Pleas Wait" command and then black screen. Anyone knows how to make that works?

• 3 months later...

Hi looeee, is there a way to be able to control the start/stop/pause etc. on the real player installed on palm treo. the screen size on the palm is 320x320 hence, the control buttons are hidden and cannot be accessed. will appreciate your help on this

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a HTC Touch, installed RealPlayer using the steps given.

i can hear the audio but cannot see the video? Any help.... :(

Thanks in Advance.

what stream are you trying?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest looeee
Do you know how to ( if it is possible) watch stream like this -

rtsp://wielo.pl:554/1/54.3gp

yes but you will need to install something called HTC Streaming Media. It is a program that also lets you watch youtube clips.

looeee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest shajiahmer
OK try this
  • select a .ra file in smartexplorer,
  • hit file->Open->Open With...
  • Menu->Add to list
  • browse to realplayer.exe
  • push done and come back to the Open With... screen
  • choose realplayer and push 5 (to always open with this app)
  • push open
  • The file type properties dialog opens
  • select the "command to execute" text and scroll to the end
  • add quotes around the %1 to make it "%1"
  • push Done

looeee

i did everythin as you said looeee but the pic of real player is displayed(after it says error) and hangs.....please help

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zohdi_rizvi

Hello Loeee

How r u?

I am able to run both .rm and .ra file but unfortunately none of the menu is working. I have downloaded your MenuHack.ini and also it is in the same diretory where realplayer.exe is in but it is not running..

Also i am unable to see realplayer in my installed program list??? Why so...and also not getting a shortcut under start menu..

I am using HTC S700

Please Help...

if possible mail me either: [email protected]