Where to buy Orange C550 simfree?

Guest lllr

Sorry for the lame question, but does anyone know of a shop in UK selling the phone outright without a contract? I am from the states and want to send my co-worker over there to go buy one.

Thank you.

lllr

Guest Dark Horse
Sorry for the lame question, but does anyone know of a shop in UK selling the phone outright without a contract?  I am from the states and want to send my co-worker over there to go buy one.

Thank you.

lllr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Expansys are selling them sim free, check this link.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=122521

Regards,

Dark Horse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest prodigalfish99
again, that is the qtek 8100, NOT the c550, as mentioned above the 8100 is missing features from the c550

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. The soon-to-come Qtek 8200 is the c550 equivalent (if that also helps in clearing up this mixup)....

Guest davejerome

You can always sign up for a new contract with orange. Then buy out out the contract at the same time (cost about £360) they will also unlock the phone remotely for you at the same time if you ask nicely. They happily did this for me on my T610 a few years ago, dispite my tariff being £9.99 per month.

hi lllr

the answer to your question is so simple but people are anxious to give you the answer you want to hear lol

the answer is NO its not available anywhere on PAYG or sim-free as of yet.

but.. 2 try to asnwer your question like everyonelse lol wait for it....

there IS actually a link to the QTEK version of the spv c550 on expansys but its listed as the 8200 not the 8100 unfortunately for you its listed as "coming soon"

but they do atleast show a price of £344.95 sim free

link - http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=123879

however i have 2 of these phones *(1 still boxed unopened)and maybe ur interested in contacting me to buy one

good luck hope this helped.

Guest Confucious
SPV's cannot be bought simfree on PAYG or contract/whatever.

Not quite sure what you mean, you buy a PAYG phone with a SIM and just don't use the SIM (apart from to unlock it for free so you can use it with other networks)

Guest chs_arg

Hi,

I live in Argentina, but a friend of mine lives in England and is under an Orange contract.

Do you know if she could buy a C550 for me as an upgrade of her phone ( she can keep her phone or have to give it as part of the transaction?). Someone knows the price tag for the C550 handset when upgrading?

Thanks

Chris

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Hi,

I live in Argentina, but a friend of mine lives in England and is under an Orange contract.

Do you know if she could buy a C550 for me as an upgrade of her phone ( she can keep her phone or have to give it as part of the transaction?). Someone knows the price tag for the C550 handset when upgrading?

Thanks

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's nothing preventing her from giving the new C550 phone to you if she upgrades. Unless she goes for a handset trade in to further lower the price. But since the phone is hers after the 12 month contract, Orange have no right to take the old phone away.

Therefore, it's just a matter of your friend wanting to or not. :)

Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Thanks JOEJOE..... for your reply

Still nobody answered about the price tag for upgrading, does anybody knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem. But I think to get an accurate upgrade price would be to get your friend to ask herself, coz it's different with everyone. I'd guess that it'd be free on an upgrade anyway, unless of course she's on a very low tariff and has low low monthly bills.

Guest spider
however i have 2 of these phones *(1 still boxed unopened)and maybe ur interested in contacting me to buy one

good luck hope this helped.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi t0m_8 please check your PM.......and let me know....