Dust under the screen

Guest pierre

Guest slarty
No dust here (yet)! I'm waiting for a neoprene 'Body Glove' type to appear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to dissapoint folks, but my C550 has dust under the screen after only 1 week :)

I was kinda hoping that they had fixed this but alas no.

Guest peekie

i dont thinkyou will ever get a dust free phone its not just the spv all nokias get it as well. the c550 looks better built on the side buttons but the small 4 buttons under the screen could be an entrance for our friend the dust

Guest peekie
The difference with the Nokias is you can disassemble them and clean under the top cover without needing a screwdriver :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true but the dust gets back in far quicker , guess we will have to make sure our pockets are on the list when you use the dyson :) :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slarty
i dont thinkyou will ever get a dust free phone its not just the spv all nokias get it as well. the c550 looks better built on the side buttons but the small 4 buttons under the screen could be an entrance for our friend the dust

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well after only a few weeks the dust has come floding in through the left soft key :) Looks like it's going back then..... :evil:

Guest hotphil

I still don't get it - a less-than-a-penny rubber seal is all HTC need to invest in to stop all this nonsense. Surely they've received the feedback by now?

I keep my C550 in iPod sock and (so far) I'm not seeing any dust, by I fear it is only a matter of time. Are there any instructions/pics of how to disassemble to clean?

Guest Xenzo1990

I think you may find it depends on a few factors.

1) Where you store your phone, loose in a pocket, or in a case.

2) Do you leave your phone for a while in dust atmospheres?

3) Where you work... Do you work in a SPV unfriendly environment. Wow, anyone work on a building site? Do you still see things on your screen?

I know that even after 12 months use my SPV c500 (which was very badly hit by dust issues) is still fine and no dust can be seen, only a few specs at the top left of the screen, and I mean a few specs.

My advice would be to keep it as dust free as possible. I keep mine loose in my pocket most of the time, I just have a wallet in there aswell. When Im using it at home I never really leave it for prolonged periods in one place.

Maybe it also depends on airflow? Windy? Im not sure on this one. It would be nice if we could narrow it down.

Guest James

waiting for a nice case for mine... i cant believe i can find ny nice ones yet... for the moment i am using a water proof hiking/camping style case. a bit over the top but it works! :)

waiting for a nice case for mine... i cant believe i can find ny nice ones yet... for the moment i am using a water proof hiking/camping style case. a bit over the top but it works! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James, I notice you have Celltrack info in your sig. Presumably this is not from your C550 as I haven't got it work myself, and am very disappointed ?

Guest James
James, I notice you have Celltrack info in your sig. Presumably this is not from your C550 as I haven't got it work myself, and am very disappointed ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats correct...... it cant cant interact with the phone and get the signal status.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest peekie

well my c550 has got the dust under the small buttons and with the sd card reading problem its being replaced ( after 5 hard resets iam fed up with it ) :)

Guest jamesb
I think you may find it depends on a few factors.

I know that even after 12 months use my SPV c500 (which was very badly hit by dust issues) is still fine and no dust can be seen, only a few specs at the top left of the screen, and I mean a few specs.

My advice would be to keep it as dust free as possible. I keep mine loose in my pocket most of the time, I just have a wallet in there aswell. When Im using it at home I never really leave it for prolonged periods in one place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you have probably just been one of the lucky ones. I kept my C500 in my pocket and it was perfectly fine for 4 or 5 months (and I was smug) and then the rot set in! Whatever the cause is, it seems so well within the realms of normal use (judging by the number of C500 users who have experienced it) that it seems largely unavoidable.

Well, at least there is one area where my old MPx200 was streets ahead of my C500 :) - the screen on that is pretty well sealed.