Patched SPV M500 ROM?

Guest doyle_am

Guest dan13l

Blimey, there's a few of you want the guide eh?

Am I allowed to post something on here? If I don't reference any of the links to anything that's not allowed, presumably a guide to how to do it isn't against the rules?

It'll be much easier than me mailing the instructions to loads of different people :)

Guest harrinp1

Am I allowed to post something on here? If I don't reference any of the links to anything that's not allowed, presumably a guide to how to do it isn't against the rules?

It'll be much easier than me mailing the instructions to loads of different people :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm happy to shove it on my webserver if you want.

Guest cabane77
I'm happy to shove it on my webserver if you want.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have u put it on ur webserver ?

if not can i get a copy too ? skyworm (at) gmail.com

thanks a lot

Guest flipper

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm a bit confused as to how the guide can break the rules - ok posting ROM's is against copyright etc, but by the sounds of it it's just a hack to stop some software being installed?

Guest Disco Stu

Well there is the issue of modifying copyright software without permission and then redistributing same or instructions thereto.....

......then there is the issue of less-geeky MoDaCo members trashing their loved ones and needing much TLC to put Humpty back together again.

:)

Hi There ,

Could i have the guide too please ,

I know i'm new here but i would really really like it . :)

garrylennox at gmail dot com

Many Thanx In Advance

B3nny

Guest flipper
Well there is the issue of modifying copyright software without permission and then redistributing same or instructions thereto.....

......then there is the issue of less-geeky MoDaCo members trashing their loved ones and needing much TLC to put Humpty back together again.

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol - I'm very paranoid of these things so might not even use it! Just intrigued as to the workaround.

Guest mavisdavis

All you have to do is soft reset just after the set screen alignment then the cut n paste exercise and viola..no Orange crap on ya phone :) every thing re-installed and Orange are sending me all my settings in about 15mins :( not that I didnt know how to do them ;) I'm just being lazy. I now have 22MB free for program usage where as befor it was down to 8mb :D

All you have to do is soft reset just after the set screen alignment then the cut n paste exercise and viola..no Orange crap on ya phone :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but this way you cannot use the extended rom as storage space, as all the orange cabs are still there.

Apologies guys, completely forgot about the guide... its on my work PC so i'll dig it out and upload it some time tomorrow

True, but this way you cannot use the extended rom as storage space, as all the orange cabs are still there.

Apologies guys, completely forgot about the guide... its on my work PC so i'll dig it out and upload it some time tomorrow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you can't, but it's still better than having all that RAM chewed up with Orange's crap.

NOW WHY can't I find a list of what NOT to install when I've done that????

Had to bloody full reset it again cos there isn't one.

I will demand one. There.

Guest EggZenBeanz

I have followed a guide found on xda developers site, patched my m500 and now have the larger storage area. People are welcome to email me and i can point them to the guide or lend a hand where stuck. eggzenbeanz at hotmail dot com.