master reset

Guest J62589123

Guest J62589123

I'm having a lot of problems with installing programs and things just aren't right on my mpx200 2002...im thinking a master reset might help but im just concerned about what would be changed? would any data be erased? would my sim be reset or changed?

Guest awarner [MVP]

The Master Reset or better known as Hard Reset will return the phone back to its default settings so you would have to reinstall your applications and resync your contacts.

When installing apps and games wetc it is best to use the storage card as this will keep the phone's memory free for your SMS, emails and ringtones etc.

Regarding the SIM a hard reset will not affect it in any way.

Guest FIREY JACK
The Master Reset or better known as Hard Reset will return the phone back to its default settings so you would have to reinstall your applications and resync your contacts.

When installing apps and games wetc it is best to use the storage card as this will keep the phone's memory free for your SMS, emails and ringtones etc.

Regarding the SIM a hard reset will not affect it in any way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

old topic..but what about running the os rom updated? do you run the update, then hard reset, run gsm update, then another hard re-set.. the hard-set says erasing flash? I know it is resetting but will a 2nd hard set remove stuff I need?

Guest gorcorps

No, it just goes back to the bare minimum of what the installed OS has. 1-2 games, a few pics, 1-2 homescreen themes, etc. All the changes YOU made to the phone are gone now though. The sim isn't affected at all and it won't remove what you need.

The order of reset/OS flashes is subjective and there isn't a set way that makes things better. Just make sure that the batt is full when you do all this stuff.