FM Radio on C550

Guest Cindy888

Guest Cindy888

Can anyone tell me if there is a FM Radio on the C550?

If yes, where can I find it?

Or have they left out this feature AGAIN??

Guest the_ape

Everyone seems to get this confused the c500/c550/SPV in general DOES HAVE A RADIO, what do you think it uses to comunicate to the cells...... It's just called the right thing in the windows mobile market and not just called a phone function.

Guest george7
Everyone seems to get this confused the c500/c550/SPV in general DOES HAVE A RADIO, what do you think it uses to comunicate to the cells...... It's just called the right thing in the windows mobile market and not just called a phone function.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I think your confused :) Mobile Phones use MICROWAVES, these have a shorter wavelength that FREQUENCY MODULATED (FM) waves. FM is what your music radio detects, wheras microwaves are used to network your phone with the radio masts! Although technically your phone (c550, c500 etc.) does have a radio inside it, it is not an FM radio, so cannot recieve radio stations (radio one, radio two etc.) :D

Guest hotphil

A digital radio would be nice but as i understood it, the only dab chip currently available is quite power hungry - battery life would drop like a stone.

i'm quite happy on my commute with my phone and ipod.

Guest george7

If the c600 had 3G then playing live streaming audio from the internet would become a reality, and most of the digital stations are available online aswell. I just hope that 3G isn't as power hungry as GPRS is.

Guest the_ape
Actually I think your confused  :) Mobile Phones use MICROWAVES, these have a shorter wavelength that FREQUENCY MODULATED (FM) waves. FM is what your music radio detects, wheras microwaves are used to network your phone with the radio masts! Although technically your phone (c550, c500 etc.) does have a radio inside it, it is not an FM radio, so cannot recieve radio stations (radio one, radio two etc.)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know, I was just trying to point out that they do have a radio, it's not a radio to listen to music, however it is a radio, so they are not lying. It's a radio that works on 900/1800mhz (and 850/1900 for other areas).

Plus I dont want a cheesy nasty FM radio on my phone.... I'll goto Asda and buy one for 3quid if it's really that necesary..... I like my battery life :D