C500 Playin nokia games?

Guest gazosdeamigos

Guest gazosdeamigos

Is it possible for c500 to play nokia games. my friend has who wants to be a millionaire just wondered if the smartphone could play them?

Guest mavisdavis

Yes if its a java game then it should play them no problem...But why do you wish to play java games. Get a few select games for your C500 he'll be upset to find your full screen great graphical games won't run on his piece of Sh!t :)

Guest gazosdeamigos

My c500 wont play the nokia java games dunno why just thought they couldnt? like i have splinter cell and that but they just go off soon as you try and run em

C500 does not play games that are specifically designed for nokias. eg, .sis files for nokias.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or Java games using vendor specific Java APIs (many of them).

• 7 months later...
Guest Zweisteine

While searching for a way to make Java apps that use softkeys work on my C500, i accidentally solved the Nokia problem. I found a package somewhere over the internet which contains several classes:

DeviceControl, DirectGraphics, DirectGraphicsImplemented, DirectUtils, FullCanvas, Sound, SoundListener.

If i open the jar file that i want to install on my computer and put these classes in it, the app runs. I got bounce running, but it looks horrible.

Am i allowed to post that archive here?

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinsephiroth
While searching for a way to make Java apps that use softkeys work on my C500, i accidentally solved the Nokia problem. I found a package somewhere over the internet which contains several classes:

DeviceControl, DirectGraphics, DirectGraphicsImplemented, DirectUtils, FullCanvas, Sound, SoundListener.

If i open the jar file that i want to install on my computer and put these classes in it, the app runs. I got bounce running, but it looks horrible.

Am i allowed to post that archive here?

i don't know, if no moderator answered sure you can?

maybe we will be able to play some nokia games such as the elder scrolls arena...

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest Disco Stu

Well it might be that MoDaCo moderators do not want to make a decision until a file is uploaded.

We have a clear policy with regard to sharing copyrighted files but we know that there is a grey area with java games.

In simple terms, NO WAREZ ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kevinsephiroth
Well it might be that MoDaCo moderators do not want to make a decision until a file is uploaded.

We have a clear policy with regard to sharing copyrighted files but we know that there is a grey area with java games.

In simple terms, NO WAREZ ;)

well i won't post hacked files for sure. as i don't make any or am searching nor sharing.

i didn't know btw that java emu are warez? (there is already a java app on win5.0)

edit: elder scrolls arena is on nokia n gage i think and/or symbians. so i might in fact be ilicit to post them! as you have to pay to play them on a nokia.