C550 ringtones and alerts

Guest morpheus2702

Guest morpheus2702

On purchasing my C550, I seem to remember the phone allowing me to use the MP3 on the storage card as ringtones. Was I hallucinating, because it doesn't seem to let me do this any more?

Reading page 102 of the 'Smartphone User Manual' supplied with the C550, it says that only wma, wav and midi files are supported and must be placed in storage>application data>sounds?

Edit: placed an mp3 in the storage>application data>sounds folder and that works as a ringtone, but this or wma's don't show as available for SMS/other alerts?

Edited by morpheus2702

Guest pd.ryder

Basically, if WMP will play it, you can use it as a ringtone from Storage>ApplicationData>Sounds

Incidentally, I use the new version of PocketMusic which now supports WMA's. If you tick the file association box for WMA within PocketMusic, you lose the ability to use WMA's as ringtones :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest defect

And there is another way to add an mp3 as ringtone, when viewing in thumbnail mode (you first have to open an image file) you can select an mp3 and set it as ringtone, it will then be copied to the storage/app data/sounds folder.

Guest Disco Stu
Incidentally, I use the new version of PocketMusic which now supports WMA's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

New version, you say ? :-k

Someone posted that there were problems with Pocket Music and the C550.

Are you saying the 2 are fine together ?

Guest pd.ryder
New version, you say ?  :-k

Someone posted that there were problems with Pocket Music and the C550.

Are you saying the 2 are fine together ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have version 2.0 of Pocket Music which I've currently stopped using due to the unfortunate screen res issues.

As you say, others on the forum have posted further problems they've found since then which I had not noticed (it seemed to work fine - just the postage-stamp-sized GUI was dreadful)