Internal Antenna idea

Guest insanesy5tem

Guest insanesy5tem

I just bought the black housing and put it on my phone and it looks great. The only problem is that in the process I managed to rip the internal antenna a little bit. It still works but I’ve noticed a small decrease in reception in some areas.

For those for you who have swapped housings or have taken the phone apart you know that there isn’t much to the antenna . . . nothing more then some metal and plastic film. I was thinking about buying a few of those antenna boosters that you see on TV and all over eBay and slapping them right on top of the antenna, mainly in the area where its a little ripped.

I dont think it can hurt to give it a shot . . . just wanted to see what every one else thought.

Guest Samsonite

those antenna boosters are a waste of time and money really... It doesnt have any measurable effect on any test that i have read. It doesnt make sense if you know a bit about radio either so its not down to daft testers...

Even tho the antenna on your phone looked insignificant, it needs to be have designed to be a fairly precise length and electrical properties - capacitance and inductance etc. so even your tiny rip could have quite an adverse effect...

i've never had a real luck fixing a busted aerial on any radio kit i've broken so you may find your phone is never the same again. If it works 90% as good as it did before, i would leave it be as you may make it worse...

Guest Paraklas
those antenna boosters are a waste of time and money really...  It doesnt have any measurable effect on any test that i have read.  It doesnt make sense if you know a bit about radio either so its not down to daft testers...

Even tho the antenna on your phone looked insignificant, it needs to be have designed to be a fairly precise length and electrical properties - capacitance and inductance etc. so even your tiny rip could have quite an adverse effect...

i've never had a real luck fixing a busted aerial on any radio kit i've broken so you may find your phone is never the same again.  If it works 90% as good as it did before, i would leave it be as you may make it worse...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In fact it IS designed to a very precise length and electical properties (resistance mainly) By reducing or altering the antenna's electrical properties you risk burning the phone's circuits etc (a friend of mine had a case like that). I would get a replacement antenna just to be on the safe side.

Guest insanesy5tem
In fact it IS designed to a very precise length and electical properties (resistance mainly) By reducing or altering the antenna's electrical properties you risk burning the phone's circuits etc (a friend of mine had a case like that). I would get a replacement antenna just to be on the safe side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tired that already . . . motorola wont sell parts like that becuase they require that you send the phone in to have to serviced . . .which is rediclious becuase its going to cost about $50 to have some one slap a sticker on the inside of my phone