Which chinese font you using in your MPx200?

Guest Monkii

Guest Monkii

My FIRST post here!!

I am using a font called HYZhongHeiF.TTF (漢儀中黑繁), it's 2.75MB in size. Shouldn't be too hard to find with google.

The chinese names in my contact looks pretty good. I originally use T630 with traditional chinese. Some of the chinese words are blanked when I transfer the phonebook from the T630 -> sim, then sim -> MPx200. But all I need to do is just use pinyin program to find the words again. Most of the words are found. One word I can't find is "詠". So I guess there's trade-off for small size font file. I wonder if this word is available in msming.ttf which I am still looking for. But overall this HYZhongHeiF font is decent enough as there's not much small enough traditional chinese fonts for MPx200 with WM2003. I have yet to check how chinese text looks in WMP, and I don't use internet (as GPRS is so darn expensive in Canada) so I cannot give comment on anything about chinese in MSN messenger or IE.

I roughly have 2.5MB of space left after installing the font and Homer Simpson's homescreen (man, I love this theme!!)

So, those who got their MPx200 chinese enabled, share with us what font you using and your experience with it. I hope this way we can work out a list of chinese fonts that's good for this phone!

To be off-topic, I got my new MPx200 the day before, and I find the battery life isn't as bad as many experienced. Here's what I do up to now since I got the phone:

1) The very first thing I did is to put the battery into the phone and charge for almost 24 hours as described in the manual.

2) Roughly after 9 hours of charging, I did the WM2003 ROM upgrade (super_moto_2) and the GSM upgrade (I don't know if it's already fixed in super moto 2)

3) Without turning the phone on or hard resetting, I charge the phone again for another 13-14 hours so that I gets roughly 24 hours of charge as described in step 1.

4) After the very long initial charge, I hard-reset the phone before use (since ROM upgrade was done at step 2)

5) Once the phone finishes starting up, I right away make sure IR receive is off, and delete all GPRS profiles (as I don't use internet on the phone due to expensive cost)

Since then I had activities with the phone including installing chinese font (lots of testing with various fonts, as I couldn't find msming.ttf), installing homescreen and some applications, played some video clips, fiddling with some wma to use as ringtone, and transfer my phonebook from SIM card. Few short calls and few SMS were made also. Note that I phone had a bit of time on the USB cable when I transfer/install things from the computer.

Right now, after more than 24 hours, my battery life is at 67%. So I guess I am getting typical performance from it. I suspect it might improve after few more cycles of charging as overall the battery is only charged fully once.

Anyway...so far this is my experience with my MPx200. Great phone, my first step in Windows Mobile (and I bold step because I am a Palm guy... :) ). Very glad with the phone and the OS so far, not as bad as I once imagined, ha ha ha!

So, hope to get some replies from you guys!

Edited by Monkii

Guest awarner [MVP]

It is not worth charging the phone for 24hrs, the li-ion battery has built in overcharge facility so then the phone is powered off when charging it will vibrate to signal charging is complete.

With normal battery life and not heavy use you should be getting 3days+