C550 Dust/SD Card problems

Guest Thumper Net

Guest peekie

This is one problem i was hoping htc had finally sorted out but after 5 days of very carefull use i noticed today 2 large specs of dust under the screen ;) , i have removed the dust , well shifted it by flicking the screen while it was switched off and now its gone , well its moved to the bottom by the 4 buttons and cant be seen anymore, if it returns then iam going back to the shop with it .

as also every now and then all my games are lost as the phone forgets the sd card this is also a pain as it can take 3 restarts to get the icons back and for the games to work anyone else have this problem ??

apart from the 2 above thing iam happy with the phone :)

Guest pd.ryder

Had my 550 since 2 days after it's release and I haven't had any dust issues yet. Mine hasn't yet lost it's SD card and I've had very few problems with it. :)

Guest peekie

apon inspecting the phone under a microscope i can see the seal is perfect and what i thought was dust is a small piece of the seal that was detacted when the phone was put together .

the sd card problem seems ok after i cleaned the connecters so all seems ok now .

battery life seems also good now , as i now use it like i did the c500 , as when you get a new phone you do play more than normal with it :) ;)