SD card insertion causes shutdown

Guest Nonperson

Guest Nonperson

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere in the forum but a search turned up nothing I could find.

A Kingston 128MB SD card causes immediate shutdown upon insertion in the MPX200 (2003 OS, the MPx-Land one). There is no freeze, no sluggishness and then shutdown--the phone turns off instantaneously. The card functions without a problem when already in the phone at startup; all files appear and are accessible, and the phone operates normally. Likewise no problems with the card in the PC. What I have tried:

--Formats in both FAT and FAT32 on the PC; format on the phone

--Insertions using each file system with nothing on the card as well as with files dragged onto it from the previously used MMC card (which never gave any problems).

--Hard reset and then reinstallation of all programs onto the SD card.

No success. If the phone is on and the card is ejected and then reinserted, immediate shutdown. Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

Edited by Nonperson

Guest awarner [MVP]

Try a different make of card like sandisk, not all cards are compatable, I have seen problems before with kingmax cards. Most cards work with the MPX200 unlike the E200 which did not work with dual layer cards.

Guest Nonperson

Right you are. Switched to Sandisk and it worked a treat. That Kingston SD card is noticeably thicker and perhaps incompatible owing simply to its size.