receiving txt messages switchs off screen lock

Guest k3v

I just noticed today that when i took my phone out of my pocket today, that #i had received a txt message and that this had switched the screen on. This seems dangerous to me as i had left it in the contacts page and it could quite easliy have been dialling somebody. Is there a work around to stop it doing this

orange spv m500 by the way

Regards Kev

Edited by k3v

Guest MitchellO

There is an app to do this, but I can't remember what its called. Its free, and works pretty well. I don't use it, but it works for what you want.

Just do a couple of google searches. It exists!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Xenzo1990

How do you go about turning the native screen lock on with an m500? Is it essentialy keylock for a screen? How would one turn it on?

there is a setting somewhere which switchs of all keys except the power key, when the off button is pressed. You need to tick that otion then you just switch off the phone using the button on the side.

Guest Xenzo1990

Well? Can someone confirm this or try it out.

Sorry for double post but Im shocked at this REALLY shocked, and adding another thing onto my 'reasons not to get an m500' list.

Guest the_evertonian

Sorry for double post but Im shocked at this REALLY shocked, and adding another thing onto my 'reasons not to get an m500' list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same goes for M2000. In fact, if it's in my leather case, and I get a text message, the handset ends up freezing completely, as it basically has its buttons pressed at the same time by the case flap. Only a soft reset rectifies this. Stupid really.

Guest smith2001

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my MDA compact does this indeed, i have however not found it a problem as my PDA sits out on the desk most of the time and i do not use the leather case to hold it, its quite sized and not too heavy to sit in my work trousers too, so as of yet i have found no problem with it doing this.

Smith

Guest bretto

yep since forever this has been a thorn in my side.

You can only choose to lock all buttons except the power button when the device is off. When anything happens, call, msg, event, calendar, etc, the device turns on which means the touchscreen and buttons are all active again. :shock:

There are a few apps out there that can lock the device but they all have there limitations. Most do what they say, lock buttons and screen but they do so by plonking a big app on the screen which effectively blocks your view of the device.

Im working on an app to fix this.

Stay tuned to this thread if your interested but I cant say how long it will take me sorry.

Guest jimbouk

I use a combination of the button lock and a password. Thus if i receive a text and the m500 switches on, it won't do anything unless I enter the four digit pin. I think the chances of me pushing the correct four digits in order whilst the phone is in my pocket are a billion to one.

Guest bretto
I use a combination of the button lock and a password. Thus if i receive a text and the m500 switches on, it won't do anything unless I enter the four digit pin. I think the chances of me pushing the correct four digits in order whilst the phone is in my pocket are a billion to one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now thats some good lateral thinking

Guest Pabs(Sco)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for this info, now I am sure to get a M500 as the wake up on anything happening was giving me doubts on whether to get it.

:) ;) :(