Screen Size

Guest Xenzo1990

Guest Xenzo1990

I just drew the phone out accuratly - Yes Im a little weird.

Then I drew the screen and damn it I realised its quite small. So im gonna ask you lot before I buy, is the screen comfortable to work on? Does it fit alot on?

Guest Disco Stu

Well, it's not as big a screen as you get on full-size PPCs but, coming form the C500 like what I did, you'll be impressed by the increased size.

There's some scrolling to be done on internet sites, but then you'd expect that.

As an accountant I don't use the business applications like Excel & Word much but then a normal PC screen is never big enough for my spreadsheets.

What are you thinking of using it for ?

Guest Confused Stu

I'd have to agree with Disco Stu on the screen size. I came from a C500 to the M500 pretty much for the larger screen as I spent quite a lot of time watching films on the C500. It was fine, but very, very small and quite often you'd miss out on some bits of the film because you couldn't see them.

With the M500, it's absolutely brilliant! The film is clear and everything's viewable. In short, it's a bit like going from a 14inch portable TV to a a 32inch widescreen. Sure, you could go to the cinema (i.e. get a full size Pocket PC) and get a better quality picture, but the 32inch TV is so much more convenient and it does everything just as well as at the cinema really.

Best advice is to find a shop with an M500/MDA Compact/i-mate JAM in and have a play for yourself. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

Guest MitchellO

I was amazed at the screen quality when I first saw the Mini in person. It was one of the reasons I bought it. That, and its builtin phone and tiny size!

The Mini/M500 has the same resolution screen as all the other available PPC phones, just in a smaller space (2.8" vs. 3.5"). This means that you can view just as much, but the picture is sharper because the pixels aren't as spread out. My previous PDA (iPAQ 4355) had a 3.5" screen, and going to the mini was not a problem. Videos look great!! (actually better because the screen is brighter, better colour and higher dpi)

Guest Xenzo1990

Thanks, guys this helped alot. I don't think i'm going to goto an orange store, I wanna upgrade over the phone and if I go i'll just end up buying it then and there and I will probably not get it cheaper.