BT Headsets...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Gears

seems fine with the Parrot car kit. I would've tried it with my personal BT headset but it got slightly damaged wheb I crashed the car last year. :)

Guest beersoft

you made me dig out my m3000 from under the bed for this, i hope your happy :)

ok, voice quality is fine, pickup and call end work fine (even when keypad is locked) and voice dial works with the keys locked

i'll have a hunt for my jabraBT200 i have and see if i can get it working with that

later

Owen

Guest hotphil

owen, i'd be intrigued to know if the jabra works as i think that's the one osps are meant to be sending me (still waiting mind, 3 weeks after ordering).

is the range any better than previous devices? or is that more a factor with the headset its self

I really want to use a headset with my phone in my suit jacket pocket, somethign i couldnt do with the e200

Guest beersoft

ok, found the jabra and.....

call stuff works ok, audio quality seems a bit worse than the m3000

and

voice dial doesnt work, it just turns the headset off

so the jabra sucks (but hurts the ear less than the m3000)

so yes, there might be some issues with bt and voice dial but that might be an older headset issue

later

Owen

Guest Shop @ MoDaCo
mine works on all 3 bluetooth headsets i have in the house so no problems here  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What headsets do you have ?

Mine works fine with my Multitooth carkit / headset. Dont really use the headset much but I tested it and it works no problems with voice dialling etc.

Guest pd.ryder

All's well with the Moto HS810 - good audio, make/break calls, handsfree voice dialling ok except in noisey environments (but thats the norm.) :)

Guest hotphil

Coming from an MPx200 this is my first Smarphone with BT. Yesterday I (finally) got (my first) BT headset that came free with the C550. I have voice tags set up on the C550 and the headset appears to be working OK, but I'm struggling with voice dialling through the headset. It's a Jabra BT110 and claims that it supports voice dialling if the connected device does.

Can someone tell me how voice dialling over the BT headset should work? I've tried holding the button on the headset for varying lengths of time, but this just seems to take the C550 in and out of headset mode. Pressing the volume down button on the C550 when the headset is connected does the audio prompt thing through the C550 speaker. I'm sure I'm missing something glaringly obvious....

Guest Techno

I'm still having problems with my C550 and my Sony Ericsson HCB-300 car kit in that it finds the connection as per normal but drops the connection after about 5 to 10 seconds. If I then manually connect it, it will connect and again drop after a few seconds. I'm really gutted because I've spent a small fortune on my car kit. Any ideas from anyone?

Guest pd.ryder

I don't know the Jabras too well, but a short press on it's 'answer call' button should, after a short delay, cause the 550 to enter voice-dial mode and send the audio prompt through the headset. Hopefully, hey-presto, voice dialling occurs :)

Does the Jabra support full handsfree mode or just headset? I get the impression the latter doesn't maintain a constant link with the device like the E200 did(n't) with my little Moto, so pressing a button on the headset won't wake the 550. If it won't/doesn't the retailer has sold you short with that particular headset.