M500 Orange logo

Guest cfsnatch

Guest cfsnatch

Has anyone managed to remove the Orange branding on the case of the M500? I know a sugar cube did a great job on the C500 and T-Mob MDA Compact...but the M500 has a different casing to the MDA Compact, so was wondering whether it would scratch it?!

If not, any other ideas on how best to remove the logo - and pics if you have any!

Cheers!

Has anyone managed to remove the Orange branding on the case of the M500?  I know a sugar cube did a great job on the C500 and T-Mob MDA Compact...but the M500 has a different casing to the MDA Compact, so was wondering whether it would scratch it?!

If not, any other ideas on how best to remove the logo - and pics if you have any!

Cheers!

Not done this myself but I have read somewhere else that this method works fine on the M500.

Im not taking any chances though!

Guest Pondrew
Sugar cube?!  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A sugar cube has been used to remove Orange logos on the SPV C500 for example.

I'd be VERY wary as this method apparently causes scratches if used on an HTC Blue Angel.

Guest cfsnatch

Yep, sugar cubes also work on the MDA Compact and i-mate Jam, as they have identical casing, but the M500 casing is different...having seen a P900 after a sugar cube's been taken to the Orange logo, I wouldn't take it as a given that it'll work on all cases!!

Guest pkaak
Yep, sugar cubes also work on the MDA Compact and i-mate Jam, as they have identical casing, but the M500 casing is different...having seen a P900 after a sugar cube's been taken to the Orange logo, I wouldn't take it as a given that it'll work on all cases!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It also works on the m500.. when you use it it looks like it scratch.. but when cleaned with a soft towel it is all clear.

The m500 text removed itself when my m500 was in my jeans and i was walking :)

Guest cfsnatch
It also works on the m500.. when you use it it looks like it scratch.. but when cleaned with a soft towel it is all clear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers for that - you wouldn't happen to have a photo of your de-Orangefied M500??!! I'm sure it does work, but it's for my brother's phone (I've got the T-Mob version) and I don't want to tell him to go ahead and it end up ruined!