For those with battery problems (C550)

Guest ajb3000

Guest rickwookie
With "display timeout" set to never in power settings I get 10 hours.  With it set to 1 min I get days (but with a blank screen).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can we address this issue here?

It would appear that the C550 screen itself (not the backlight) uses lots more power than the C500 one, hence the battery drain.

However, I don't understand why one would want to set the display timeout to 'Never' on the C550 as from what I can see it has a different type of screen to the transfeflective one on the C500. In other words, with the screen on but no backlight, you can't see anything anyway!

Am I wrong?

BTW shouldn't this poll have two sets of answers? One for people with battery problems and one (the control if you like) for those without. That way you can judge if there is any large difference between the two sets of results and hence a possible cause for the problem.

Edited by rickwookie

Guest Pagemakers

I guess the question is, on the C550 with timeout set to never and the display turning 99% off, is that by design or a fault?

The ONLY people who can really tell us are HTC or Orange. In MY personal opinion I think it's a bug.

its HTC fault. recently they have taken a dramatic dip in services for their customer and partners (orange)....

I had bought the C550 then returned it the next day.... and got another C500.

Guest rickwookie
I guess the question is, on the C550 with timeout set to never and the display turning 99% off, is that by design or a fault?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I wrote before, it's just a different type of screen (one that can't be viewed without the backlight) so I don't see how that can be classed as a fault.

Guest the_ape

I at first set my phone to never turn off the display, however noticed that battery life was horrible, and unlike the c500 could not be seen anyway, so I set the backlight and screen to turn off, now I get 3-4 days out of it, which is fine, the only 'bug' that I can see is allowing you to leave the screen turned on.

Those that leave the screen enabled and complain of battery life should try it without, makes 0 difference to the working of the phone, so just turn off the screen. ? can't see the issue myself.

Guest Pondrew
its HTC fault. recently they have taken a dramatic dip in services for their customer and partners (orange)....

I had bought the C550 then returned it the next day.... and got another C500.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems quite a small issue compared to the truck loads of problems the first few SPV incarnations had! :)